Wish me luck! (And...any advice?)

• Thread starter Deleted member 26595
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 26595

I’ve been hitting balls on the range for two weeks now, and had two lessons.

I’ve only hit a 7 iron, and the odd 6. I’m hitting about 30% of balls “reasonably” straight, the rest are either topped, hit so thick they go nowhere, or heavily sliced (interestingly, I’ve only had about 3 balls go left, out of the roughly 300 I’ve hit on the range).

I’m hitting only about 60 with the 7 and 70 with the six.

And I’ve made a mistake.

I told my son in law that I’m taking golf lessons.

We’re visiting them next weekend...and as he plays, he’s booked us into his local 9 hole par 3!

I’m anticipating some fun and frustration...

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve been hitting balls on the range for two weeks now, and had two lessons.

I’ve only hit a 7 iron, and the odd 6. I’m hitting about 30% of balls “reasonably” straight, the rest are either topped, hit so thick they go nowhere, or heavily sliced (interestingly, I’ve only had about 3 balls go left, out of the roughly 300 I’ve hit on the range).

I’m hitting only about 60 with the 7 and 70 with the six.

And I’ve made a mistake.

We’re visiting them next weekend...and as he plays, he’s booked us into his local 9 hole par 3!

Yes par 3 courses are great for learning.
Just don’t get to frustrated this is a great game but takes time ,patience and practice to get any good.
But no better feeling when you flush one.
Just enjoy yourself .
Every golfer who has ever played has been where you are now , enjoy.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yes par 3 courses are great for learning.
Just don’t get to frustrated this is a great game but takes time ,patience and practice to get any good.
But no better feeling when you flush one.
Just enjoy yourself .
Every golfer who has ever played has been where you are now , enjoy.

^^^This

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He knows you’re only starting and trust me, whether you are taking lessons or not he doesn’t expect you to be any good if you’re only starting. Ask him for advice. If there’s one thing an established golfer loves it’s giving advice. Look at this forum.

Have fun it’ll be great craic

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
And I’ve made a mistake.

42 years of fun and frustration, and counting; every time I play! :)

If you don't want fun & frustration then the mistake was taking up this great game. :ROFLMAO:

As others have said, enjoy it; he's not expecting Tiger Woods, that's why he's taking you to the par 3, and look around when you're there as you won't be the only one in your position. Enjoy the walk, smell the flowers, take your time, treasure the little victories and let us know how you get on. (y)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
When you have the lessons, make sure ask questions if you don't understand something and work hard on the drills you're given. If you are struggling after the lesson, a good pro should be able to take a quick 5 minute look and some further advice. Having lessons is a two way process