So what do we do over the winter instead of golf???

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Golf of course. Play Saturday am home for lunch and dry out any wet clothes. Dry golfing clothes on, get the spare set of Cally's and off to the range to correct the swing problems from my round.

Sunday either repeat Saturday or range session Sunday am and back after lunch for a short game session.

Monday - Friday working on the putting mat and the eyeline trainer to improve my putting plus an couple of evenings down the range. If it is too cold/snowing to get any value out of the range it is a night in front of Setanta Golf with a copy of GM or a Bob Rotella book to get my mind owrking well or maybe a flick through a Dave Pelz book before a trawl on the forum oand off to bed

What do meant instead of golf????

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Everything off the cuff.

I have completed a two storey extension on my house over the last two winters but still make time for some R & R.

this year I plan on continuing the golf to max whenever I can. If not then couch potato mode and a little gym work when not working althoughthe winter months are busier for me than summer

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
I just try and get huge at the gym. However, this year im also trying to play some games of rugby and help coach a local team.

Went to the range tonight and froze my nuts off and my hands felt like stone.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I sleep and eat.....my body is a temple.....

I do things like today.....

visit a range, find one geezer and his dog bored out of their minds, strike a deal for many, many buckets and talk the poor bloke to death with tales of golfing exploits between numerous teas and kit kats (on me as quid pro quo for the balls).

Sometimes, a trip to the snooker hall, maybe even spend an hour or two in my home studio knocking up something funky.

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk
I try to play every weekend, weather permitting, but don't really miss golf if the Scottish weather is crap (as it is most of the time).

The winter is mainly composed of work, gym, kids, work, sleep. Repeat daily until the end of March 2009.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Golf at least once a week maybe twice. Went to the gym last winter but membership money was awaste cos as soon as it got lighter I was back on the course.
Maybe this year I will dust down the old bike, send her out shopping and use the wii fit :D (only joking dear)
I can see that this will cost me a bunch of flowers

sandford93

Assistant Pro
Visit site
golf twice a week ( 27 holes on a sunday & chip for an hour after school one night)

league table tennis

rugby and football, saturday mornings and the mighty royals in the afternoon (scrap the rugby and football if long away match)