So ... Bryson Dechambeau

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I admit I have a bit of a thing for him and I loved watching him holding his own during the Masters.

He is turning pro this week. What do you think? Will we see him doing well in big events in the near future? Maybe even in the winners' circle?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Think he will do well.

He is as smug as anyone I've ever seen.

Loads of people will end up hating him.

Something different and cool swing. Welcome to pro ranks. Best of luck. A welcome addition.

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Really enjoyed watching him as I like something a little different. The game changer for me was when the group was being timed on friday he walked up to his ball, looked at the book, pulled his club and stiffed it on 11, rolled the jab in and fist pumped like he had won the thing and I loved it.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Think he will do well.

He is as smug as anyone I've ever seen.

Loads of people will end up hating him.

Something different and cool swing. Welcome to pro ranks. Best of luck. A welcome addition.

Been following him for a number of years and have never spotted the above. He comes across well to me.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looks a character and held up well over the four days. Who knows if he will make it big but I bet he will have plenty of sponsors knocking on his door, invites on the door mat. He is certainly going to be one to watch.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just back from caddying in the County Champs at windswept Prestwick.

As I picked up the bag I thought it must be a bit more difficult being Dechambeau's caddy with all his irons the same length.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It'll be interesting to see how things turn out when he's playing for cash (though I suspect he doesn't go short of a bob or two with a name like that).

Initial impression is that he is a bit too full of himself for my liking, but early days and all that.

There was a wonderful moment when Willett came off the 18th, shook hands with Rose and totally blanked BDC who was hanging around trying to be mates....

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looks a character and held up well over the four days. Who knows if he will make it big but I bet he will have plenty of sponsors knocking on his door, invites on the door mat. He is certainly going to be one to watch.

He was playing with a set of Cobra irons last week (possibly this week too?) and wearing a lot of Puma too. Perfect fit sponser wise, imagine him & Rickie striding up the final hole on a Sunday...

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
He was playing with a set of Cobra irons last week (possibly this week too?) and wearing a lot of Puma too. Perfect fit sponser wise, imagine him & Rickie striding up the final hole on a Sunday...

He uses Cobra Driver, 3Wood, & hybrid but everything else in his bag is made by Edel. He has had the same irons for years and I cant see him changing as they are so remarkably customised.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watching the BBC and Paul Azinger who I believe knows a bit about golf basically said he was amazing and he would be the best in the world.if he wasn't already.

Yes I thought it was an amazing statement since he has not achieved anything in the pro ranks but he must really think highly of him.

Smug? hardly imo in the interview he came across as quite nervous,another one for the like brigade.

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I seem to remember hearing in the coverage that all his irons have the same length shafts? How can that even work?

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I like flat caps :).

I think think he will do well and if his amateur career is anything to go by , he will win.....a lot. I think he did pretty well recently in the Middle East on the European tour too. He does things his own way which I like.