Snap General Election, who would you vote for ?

What's your handicap?

• 1-5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-28

• Total voters

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Does it really matter?
A different colour lizard in No 10, different faceless Ministers lining their own pockets, years worth of undoing what Labour has done and then screwing it up just as much but differently.................
The more that things change - the more they stay the same.

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
Very true indeed mate, I was just curious as to how this board would vote at the moment. Not interested in finding about who voted for what, but as to what the outcome would be.

RE : Your post on your round today, well played fella. Hopefully the rain will stay off tomorrow am, I'm hoping for a good round. I haven't played since Tuesday, and if I don't play tomorrow I know I'm busy until next Friday.

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wouldnt bother theyre all a bunch a lying cheating self-important wasters only interested in screwing every penny out of the tax payer to line their own greedy pockets

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wouldnt bother theyre all a bunch a lying cheating self-important wasters only interested in screwing every penny out of the tax payer to line their own greedy pockets

I'll go with this. I just despair of the current state.
The country is being run by a bunch of total half-wits.

Mr Brown could've had my vote, today and tomorrow on 1 decision. Sack the cheeky ******* that think it is acceptable to leach every last penny on their expenses "because they can"...if he'd come on TV and said "I'm not prepared to have this in my government, no matter who they are" and sacked a few, I'd be impressed with him enough to offer my vote.

Where is the moral backbone??? All the bankers who are still in their jobs, claiming "no-one could foresee the financial crises"....lying gits. I know loads of investors (including myself) who liquidated all assets over 2 years ago and found another safe place for money. Everyone knew the stock market was a pile of cards, everyone knew there were HUGE debts turning toxic because banks gave up on responsible lending in 1996 in a greedy search for profits. The government knew we were heading into financial oblivion 4 years ago, yet lie and lie about not being aware of where things were going.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Voted, but not saying who for. Other than to say I wouldn't want the smarmy git Cameron in charge of my sock drawer let alone the country. The nearer the election gets, the more he spouts fresh air and populist tosh.

And shame on you anyone who doesn't vote...

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you dont vote how valuable is your opinion?

I rarely do politics but as the question is raised......

I will vote for one, simply because I dont like the idea of one mob inheriting a pot of gold just when good times come along, waste it, fleece pension funds and rainy day funds,create an enviroment for the divide between the rich and poor to become greater than ever, empty the lader when the country needs it most, leaves a serious debt for future generations, takes us into an unnecessary and illegal war and fails to produce the goods on the most basic of social and economic policy.

Just a few reasons and there are many more........so yes, I will vote for one, I would vote for a lobotomized babboon and not feel guilty about making things any worse, but there isnt one standing. I will vote, but for whom, I am not sure yet?

I have a view that if you dont vote then your opinion is only an opinion on any political agenda,but a vote is action however effective or ineffective its still action,sorry folks but thats the way I see it, the vote is your only real way of making a point or sending a clear message even if there is little to choose from at the time.

What does a no vote do?
1. It may give the wrong lot a chance to win
2. It may give any party political leverage they have not earned.
3. It does not clearly define public opinion.
4. It does not help the public or future generations to feel some sort of impowerment, more likely apathy and subservience.

So vote, if you think they are all crap why would it be wrong to vote in the least popular one for a laugh, if you dont care enough to vote, what would you feel if enough people did that? It would be no more irresponsible in my view. :D :D

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Controvertial. I would be!!

I was at the public car park the other day, picking up my son from school. In the car park is one metal container for waste paper to be recycled. In front of this container were 2 plastic carrier bags of beer and wine bottles! There's no bottle bank in this car park. So why leave their bottles in front of the paper container. Couldn't they take it elsewhere etc?

These people are allowed to vote. Just the same as folks who vote on Big Brother, read gossip mags like heat etc, watch gossip TV like ITV's morning 'news' programme and so on.

For as long as these idiots are allowed to vote, with their vote being based on popularity or the leanings of the gutter press, then this country is screwed!!

Rant over.

(How many people have I just upset on here!?)

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hapless, I see your point. But how do you get round it? Thick b*stards have the same rights as the rest of us. Unless you have an IQ test at the polling station doors?

Just goes to prove that it's important for us clever sorts to cast a sensible vote to counter the idiot voters...

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Blair's New Labour have closed the gap that used to exist between Labour and the Torys.
You used to know where you stood with them, but since '97 some of their policies have been more right wing than the Torys ever were. Although they are more left wing than ever too. ie They use right wing policies to implement their left wing ideals.
Google "The third way"

If you live in England there's not much of a choice any more (unless you want to get extremist) as I can't see the Torys repealling any of the many, many new laws that the government have introduced in the last 12 years.
We in Scotland are fortunate in that we have a third (realistic) choice that seem (so far) to be doing not a bad job in office, but that will change as the old adage that "absolute power corrupts absolutely" will inevitably come into play.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
My Old Man always said
" If you don't vote, you have no right to complain about whoever wins"

I used to think that until I have lived through both Labour & Tory governments, I wont be voting as there is not a party in this country worth voting for and that isnt self serving.

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know the arguments for voting and against but to me why do I need to vote for my local councillor? I want to vote for which party I want to see in government (proportional representation) is that the phrase?? Never could understand why they didnt tot up all the votes and the winner had the most

If I like Brown or Clegg or whoever I dont really get the chance to vote for them , just for mrs busybody whos got nothing else to do with her spare time and wants to jump aboard the gravy train , so why bother?

Since they made an mp's job a 'career' and not something you could do to change things you didnt like , thats when it all went to ratsh*t. The party whip telling you how to vote or youre out of your highly expensed job and they arent going to put that into jeopardy now are they?

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I hate politics
They're all a shower of sh!t@.

I would vote for anyone with an ounce of common sense and honesty but sadly that appears to be no one!!!

We need a strong government that will tackle the real issues.

What other country has muggers, violent offenders and the like given community service whilst some pensioner that doesn't pay poll tax is impisoned.
Leave your bin out over filled or with the wrong contents and BANG!!
Pull a knife on someone, claim a deprived childhood and "we'll send you on holiday.

Fight for our country, lose your life or get maimed and you can't stay here sorry. Yet we open our borders for thousands to pour in every year with no control or idea of where they even are.
We had one guy that came over here with the intention of raping a woman to be deliberately locked up so that he could learn English and have a comfy life.

WTF has this country become? There is no wonder that hundreds of UK citizens going the other way every month.

Open the door and let me out!!!!!

Rant over

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hate politics

I would vote for anyone with an ounce of common sense and honesty but sadly that appears to be no one!!!

What other country has muggers, violent offenders and the like given community service whilst some pensioner that doesn't pay poll tax is impisoned.
Pull a knife on someone, claim a deprived childhood and "we'll send you on holiday.

Fight for our country, lose your life or get maimed and you can't stay here sorry. Yet we open our borders for thousands to pour in every year with no control or idea of where they even are.
We had one guy that came over here with the intention of raping a woman to be deliberately locked up so that he could learn English and have a comfy life.

WTF has this country become? There is no wonder that hundreds of UK citizens going the other way every month.

Rant over

I know a good rant when I see one and this is one of the best I've seen recently.
Good job Vig.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hate politics

Rant over

I know a good rant when I see one and this is one of the best I've seen recently.
Good job Vig.

And I third that Rant. I was once proud to be British & although would dearly love to be once more I see no sign of that happening anytime soon.

I hate to say If I could afford to emmigrate I would seriously consider it.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
bring back Guy Fawkes, right idea though not necessarily the right reasons.

bring back the stocks, MP with poorest attendance in any month goes in (works on a local level as well)

bring back flogging, any MP caught fiddling or lying to his employer - the tax-payer - gets the cat.

- there is not one of them that doesn't lie, and the first lie is ' I will represent this constituency'. yeah, right - after they represent themself, their party, the biggest cheque book, their fad interest of the moment, any foreign interest (not necessarily in that order)

- lesson one for all politicians, to be tattooed on their foreheads - the UK does NOT owe the world a living

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Viscount17 it beggers belif how much money the UKgovernment donates to other countries,especially odd considering the total mess our econemy is in at the moment.

If the company I work for have stopped giving to charity, stopped meal vouchers & the christmas gift & party, then the government can stop giving to thes freeloading countries that can surely look after themselves without our help. As its crippling us. (shakes head & walks off)