Slow play again

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Absolutely.

The difficulty of the greens is another major factor in pace of play. Playing Augusta-like greens and tricky pins adds loads of time to a round. These nuances are missing from this debate.
Our greens just went from sloooow to fast overnight. This resulted in a nearly five hour 4BBB round.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Think the problem might get worse as younger players copy the pros they see on TV.

Teeing off today on out 18th, I watched a young lad play the first. After hitting a good tee shot (might have been his second shot actually), he was about 50 yards from the front of the green, but proceeded to walk right up to the pin to survey the green, before returning to his ball and playing a pitch (which actually went through the green :ROFLMAO:).

Wouldn't have wanted to be stuck behind that group :mad:.

Mandofred

Visit site
Think the problem might get worse as younger players copy the pros they see on TV.

Teeing off today on out 18th, I watched a young lad play the first. After hitting a good tee shot (might have been his second shot actually), he was about 50 yards from the front of the green, but proceeded to walk right up to the pin to survey the green, before returning to his ball and playing a pitch (which actually went through the green :ROFLMAO:).

Wouldn't have wanted to be stuck behind that group :mad:.
Tasers....should be manditory equipment to deal with this.

sunshine

Visit site
Due to the soft ground conditions this year, the grass has been cut a lot less than normal for this time of year, and is particularly lush. Now we've had a spell of warm weather and suddenly the grass has shot up. Anything in the tree line is lost. Made for a very slow round at the weekend, looking for Titleist branded needles in a haystack.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Due to the soft ground conditions this year, the grass has been cut a lot less than normal for this time of year, and is particularly lush. Now we've had a spell of warm weather and suddenly the grass has shot up. Anything in the tree line is lost. Made for a very slow round at the weekend, looking for Titleist branded needles in a haystack.
Same here. Last two rounds have been well over four hours which is just daft at our place. Both times a medal comp was being played though as well. Twice yesterday someone from the group in front walked back to the tee box to hit again as they'd lost a ball without hitting a provisional.

Captain_Black.

Visit site
I was unfortunate enough to be playing behind a 4x ball of 1st team players on a white tee medal last Sat.

Apart from them having to wait for the group in front to clear the greens at 200 yards + because they hit the ball so far, they took forever over their chips & putts.

OK, I get they are as good as they are because they are pedantic about their set up & haven't got the shots to throw away on a poorly executed shot, but really!
4.5 hours later & still on the course, I just wanted it to end & have a beer 🍺

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’ve just left my club as pace of play is horrific and getting worse.

4BBB was 4hr 50mins Sunday, that was from the first group who gapped then 2nd group by full two holes by the 18th.

Two weeks ago the greensomes took 4hrs 40mins and we gapped the group behind. We were off at 8.30 but the course was completely backed up from the first group. The marshal asked us on the turn how we were playing, I responded with very slow, if you could find the culprit and tell them to get a bloody move on!