Skymark = distraught

Status
Not open for further replies.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Some interesting points raised here, off now to the mizuno dealers to get my 9 iron replaced for the big dent in the 9 iron from playing off the beach

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Some interesting points raised here, off now to the mizuno dealers to get my 9 iron replaced for the big dent in the 9 iron from playing off the beach

I'm actually going to take my car back to Arnold Clark too. It has quite a few paint chips on it, must be defective paint.

wulliewallace

Visit site
An admission from Cobra that the paint should not have chipped off as it did, after I asked if they could recommend a way to avoid a repeat with the replacement head, in reply to their email asking for it to be sent back to them...

Many thanks for your reply.

I’m glad that this has been sorted and that the store have swapped the club head for you.

Also, we are very pleased to hear you have gained distance with the new Driver.

With regarding how to look after your Driver. The chipping on the top of the club head should not happen and there is no correct way of looking after the head. If this does happen again which this should not, please go back to the store again and inform us of the issue.

I wish you the best of luck in the Golfing season ahead.

Best regards,

. . . .
Mark Todd
Customer Service
COBRA PUMA GOLF | Puma UK 22 Upper Ground | SE1 9AE London

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
An admission from Cobra that the paint should not have chipped off as it did, after I asked if they could recommend a way to avoid a repeat with the replacement head, in reply to their email asking for it to be sent back to them...

Many thanks for your reply.

I’m glad that this has been sorted and that the store have swapped the club head for you.

Also, we are very pleased to hear you have gained distance with the new Driver.

With regarding how to look after your Driver. The chipping on the top of the club head should not happen and there is no correct way of looking after the head. If this does happen again which this should not, please go back to the store again and inform us of the issue.

I wish you the best of luck in the Golfing season ahead.

Best regards,

. . . .
Mark Todd
Customer Service
COBRA PUMA GOLF | Puma UK 22 Upper Ground | SE1 9AE London

BOOM!!!!!

wulliewallace

Visit site
I still think the naysayers on here are right, though. Even though the manufacturer have insisted this kind of damage shouldn't occur, it is user error and I should foot the bill.

I had something similar with my car of late. Honda contacted me insisting I have my airbag replaced as it is potentially faulty. At the end of the day, though, I refused to have it done. It'd be user error were I to smash it into a lamppost, so it doesn't matter that the airbag is faulty. If I went along with the recall, can you imagine the price of new cars next year!?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I still think the naysayers on here are right, though. Even though the manufacturer have insisted this kind of damage shouldn't occur, it is user error and I should foot the bill.

I had something similar with my car of late. Honda contacted me insisting I have my airbag replaced as it is potentially faulty. At the end of the day, though, I refused to have it done. It'd be user error were I to smash it into a lamppost, so it doesn't matter that the airbag is faulty. If I went along with the recall, can you imagine the price of new cars next year!?
Yeh but, how would you feel if the faulty airbag went off and the airbag dust reacted with the upholstery on the car and destroyed it all? Sorry but not going along with a recall to keep the price of cars low is stupid.

Yes it was definitely his fault that he skied his driver. But that level of damage is poor. Even cobra have acknowledged this

wulliewallace

Visit site
OK, OK. I'll accept the recall and have the airbag replaced! I guess they had it fitted in the first place as they know accidents do happen. Not all their customers will be highly skilled drivers, after all.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
OK, OK. I'll accept the recall and have the airbag replaced! I guess they had it fitted in the first place as they know accidents do happen. Not all their customers will be highly skilled drivers, after all.

I had a recall on my Chryslers airbag. Apparently if it went off it could emit explosive fragments into the car interior. Now I don't mind taking a chance of it not going off in an accident, but I am not driving around with a grenade behind the dash.

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site

Shame there isn’t an emoji for showing your tongue was firmly in your cheek as you made your airbag analogy...:unsure:

wulliewallace

Visit site
I had a recall on my Chryslers airbag. Apparently if it went off it could emit explosive fragments into the car interior. Now I don't mind taking a chance of it not going off in an accident, but I am not driving around with a grenade behind the dash.

About that safety recall.. It's definitely my intention to have it replaced, and always has been. Only a fool wouldn't. I was merely attempting to make the point that manufacturing defects can overrule user error. Been a few people on here insisting my damaged club was solely down to user error, and nothing to do with manufacturing defects, and also that one, barely believable, opinion that my getting a replacement head is why the price of new golf clubs keeps going through the roof.

As I said in my original post, I was well prepared to be ridiculed, and I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, but In hindsight, maybe best wait for all the facts first before entering keyboard warrior mode.

To all those who insisted the damage didn't fit the crime, I thank you. It's the opinion I came here hoping to find, and has helped me reach a satisfactory outcome.

'Mon the golf season!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just read your letter from Mark Todd of Cobra, he was a pro at our place and is a cracking lad. Really really nice. If he says he will sort it, he will. Cobra hired a good lad there. 👍
Glad to see he is doing well.

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Interesting thread, no doubt if you had never skied your shot the damage would not have occurred so yes user error as you accept. But I play on links courses and have skied a few shots over the years and it's never caused that amount of damage even with the sandy gritty soil we have it's been scratches rather than a large paint chip. There are lots of reports on car forums of how easily chipped car paint is now that it is environmentally friendly water based rather than solvent based, the paint doesn't appear to have bonded well to the head, it doesn't seem to have scratched the finish at all just taken the paint off in one chunk.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Imagine people going to your funeral and being told he would have survived if he'd have had his faulty airbag sorted that he'd been told about.

Status
Not open for further replies.