Skymark = distraught

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Generally most companies have a warranty period. I unfortunately snapped the shaft in my old XR driver without any issues callaway replaced it as it was within 2 years of purchase and not intentional damage. I'm sure Cobra have a similar policy as that mark doesn't look like a sky mark to me, looks like a screwdriver had been chipping away at the head (I'm not suggesting that happened btw!)

As mentioned by others there are companies that do wraps etc for golf clubs - personally I love the look of the F9 except I'd like to have the crown in matte black rather than the gloss it comes in - might be time to do some customisation mate.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Generally most companies have a warranty period. I unfortunately snapped the shaft in my old XR driver without any issues callaway replaced it as it was within 2 years of purchase and not intentional damage. I'm sure Cobra have a similar policy as that mark doesn't look like a sky mark to me, looks like a screwdriver had been chipping away at the head (I'm not suggesting that happened btw!)

As mentioned by others there are companies that do wraps etc for golf clubs - personally I love the look of the F9 except I'd like to have the crown in matte black rather than the gloss it comes in - might be time to do some customisation mate.

The gloss is proper shiny shiny isn’t it 😳

mister v

Visit site
Id imagine when cobra release the limited edition version of the F9 the paint will start a little further back like a TM M4 style, Sky marks are one thing but chunks coming off are another.......
on the plus side great customer service by the sound of it!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry to bring out an old thread

I bought a speedzone 3 wood back in Feb

Love it

Played last week and skied one out of nowhere taking it from the semi rough. Just got under it ..

Felt awful

I got the same chip marks as this driver on here

The speedzone driver has a wrap around face now to avoid the paint issue and the radspeed 3 wood seems to have the same

Have contacted cobra they said send it back to clubhouse golf for them to sort out ..

Need to find the receipt lol

But hey let's see what they offer

They even said they would let me just send the head in.. easier for postage

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry to bring out an old thread

I bought a speedzone 3 wood back in Feb

Love it

Played last week and skied one out of nowhere taking it from the semi rough. Just got under it ..

Felt awful

I got the same chip marks as this driver on here

The speedzone driver has a wrap around face now to avoid the paint issue and the radspeed 3 wood seems to have the same

Have contacted cobra they said send it back to clubhouse golf for them to sort out ..

Need to find the receipt lol

But hey let's see what they offer

They even said they would let me just send the head in.. easier for postage

Shout out to cobra customer service and clubhouse golf

Now they are taking forever as I won't have the club back for a possible further 15 working days but that can't be helped.

But they have done exactly what I was hoping they would (I mentioned it to them in an email) to replace the head with a radspeed so rather than a speedzone head which obviously has the paint issued on the crown line the radspeed has the wrap around face ..

Happy with that

The Dog.

Visit site
If you hit a rubbish shot and damage your club with a sky mark then it’s hardly the fault of the manufacturer. It’s entirely the fault of the closet at the other end who can’t hit a cows backside with a banjo.

Suck it up. Hitting a disgraceful shot equals club damage equals either live with it or buy a new one. Everyone does it from time to time, hackers more so than players.

RichA

Visit site
Shout out to cobra customer service and clubhouse golf

Now they are taking forever as I won't have the club back for a possible further 15 working days but that can't be helped.

But they have done exactly what I was hoping they would (I mentioned it to them in an email) to replace the head with a radspeed so rather than a speedzone head which obviously has the paint issued on the crown line the radspeed has the wrap around face ..

Happy with that
That's great service. A driver aimed at the masses shouldn't be so easily damaged - an issue they seem to have addressed with the new face design.
Shouldn't worry about the opinions of any insufferable bores / "players" who might choose to troll you.

Tashyboy

Visit site
If you hit a rubbish shot and damage your club with a sky mark then it’s hardly the fault of the manufacturer. It’s entirely the fault of the closet at the other end who can’t hit a cows backside with a banjo.

Suck it up. Hitting a disgraceful shot equals club damage equals either live with it or buy a new one. Everyone does it from time to time, hackers more so than players.
There is so much wrong with this post for the average golfer I wouldn't know where to start

The Dog.

Visit site
There is so much wrong with this post for the average golfer I wouldn't know where to start

For the hard of learning, let me explain, if you can’t hit the ball properly because you’re rubbish then there’s a strong possibility that you will damage your equipment through ineptitude. The solution is not to whine to the shop you bought it from, but instead, to improve and hit the ball with the club face.

Or if this sounds too harsh, buy older gear that you don’t mind damaging with your Stevie Wonder style agricultural swipes.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I know your trolling however some simple facts

One bad shot does not chip paint, especially as it wasn't a proper sky as it still went 150 yards down the middle just came off between both

Cobra know they have a paint issue so have addressed It by wrap around face

Return to your bridge

Tashyboy

Visit site

One bad shot does not chip paint, especially as it wasn't a proper sky as it still went 150 yards down the middle just came off between both

Return to your bridge

"Return to your bridge "????

Can I use that please

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's great service. A driver aimed at the masses shouldn't be so easily damaged - an issue they seem to have addressed with the new face design.
Shouldn't worry about the opinions of any insufferable bores / "players" who might choose to troll you.

Just got to work out who the posters previous handle was.. clearly a black listed one on the return

The Dog.

Visit site

Return to your bridge

Troll? Is that it? Just a cheap insult from assumed moral high ground, used by people who want their safe space back. Fact is if you sky it with any regularity then you’re a bad golfer and need to improve so that you stop doing it. Get over the damage to your club and colour the mark in with one of your crayons.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Troll? Is that it? Just a cheap insult from assumed moral high ground, used by people who want their safe space back. Fact is if you sky it with any regularity then you’re a bad golfer and need to improve so that you stop doing it. Get over the damage to your club and colour the mark in with one of your crayons.

One sky does not a bad golfer make

I'm over it as the repair is done cheers

Thanks for your concerns ❤️

The Dog.

Visit site
One sky does not a bad golfer make

I'm over it as the repair is done cheers

Thanks for your concerns ❤️

What is your handicap and how long have you had it? Let me know and I can tell you with certainty if you’re any good or if you’re at a level where you should find a different sport?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What is your handicap and how long have you had it? Let me know and I can tell you with certainty if you’re any good or if you’re at a level where you should find a different sport?

Well lucky cobra have a decent warranty and arent run from under bridges

Status
Not open for further replies.