Skymark = distraught

Status
Not open for further replies.

wulliewallace

Visit site
OK. I'm well prepared to be ridiculed here, but I'd like an opinion or 3 on this. I was fitted for a Cobra F9 speedback 2 weeks ago and have had 2 range sessions this far where I struggled to miss the centre of the face. Well, up until ball 198 when this happened. To be honest, I'm distraught at what I've done to my newest pride and joy, but can't help think I've skied numerous shots over the years (played Titleist drivers for around 10 years now) and never caused damage like this. Could it be the downside of the softer leading edges on the club? Could it be a manufacturing issue? Or do I just need to suck it up and accept that one bad swing can easily cause this catastrophe?DSC_0140-min.JPG

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Thank

Thanks for your input. I have been trying to do just that. Do you do lessons, or merely point out the obvious?
I give lessons to friends, not currently daft enough to do a pga course. Point out the obvious aswell as sometimes people are good at skipping over the details, if you hit s driver very near the crown on numerous occasions if you don't want to eventually mark it, either hit more up on the ball or tee it lower to reduce the risk

wulliewallace

Visit site
I give lessons to friends, not currently daft enough to do a pga course. Point out the obvious aswell as sometimes people are good at skipping over the details, if you hit s driver very near the crown on numerous occasions if you don't want to eventually mark it, either hit more up on the ball or tee it lower to reduce the risk

My first instinct was to ridicule myself and I emailed Cobra to ask how I could best repair it. The fact neither my 910 nor my 915 driver have a mark on the crown after 9 years playing with them, when on occasion I'd get too steep with them also, has me wondering whether the quality of finish is not so good on the F9.

On the plus side, the club is very forgiving! The skied shot still carried over 200 yards. Every cloud!

wulliewallace

Visit site
My first instinct was to ridicule myself and I emailed Cobra to ask how I could best repair it. The fact neither my 910 nor my 915 driver have a mark on the crown after 9 years playing with them, when on occasion I'd get too steep with them also, has me wondering whether the quality of finish is not so good on the F9.

On the plus side, the club is very forgiving! The skied shot still carried over 200 yards. Every cloud!

Though I'm definitely now in the market for some red castle tees. Anyone know where I can get some dirt cheap?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
battle scars, wear them with Pride.

or do what i did when i got my M2 and didn't like the white... got a guy i know who has a sign company to wrap the head, i don't have any pic of it anymore, as it had to come off to try a couple of different shafts

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site

I know a guy who bought a 915 when it came out, hit 3 shots with it skied one, left a scuff, sold it to his mate and went back to his old driver. Quality is comparable on them all, played with titleist drivers, tm drivers etc have a cobra f8 3 wood and it's finish has held up as well as any I can remember

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
It seems daft that all manufacturers don't sell a wee bottle of over priced touch up paint that is an exact match to their various models colour.

Ok, so it would still look like a touch up - but people would be happy to do it rather than have chips on their clubs.

wulliewallace

Visit site
Cobra have replied to my email asking me to take it back to the place of purchase and they'll have it picked up for closer inspection. A part of me feels I should just suck it up, buy a black marker, and either a lesson or red castle tees, but I suppose it can't hurt to send it back. If it was the Epic Flash or M5 at £450 I'd carry it back myself.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a friend who skied a Callaway straight out of the shop, took it to a car resprayer friend who painted it purple, he then flogged it for more than he bought it to a Callaway nut as a limited edition, or at least so he told everyone but he was known to have stray from the truth on occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.