Sky Sports PGA Coverage

3putter

Visit site
Does anyone else think Sky's coverage of the PGA Championship is worse than usual. The leaderboard is shown, which now doesn't show what position anyone is in, followed by maybe a golf shot if we're lucky, than a graphic of a hole, than a shot of the clubhouse, another leaderboard, than 3 gold shots. Than a clip of "the big 5" doing a swing than an ad-break. Also how un-smooth is David Livingstone on the intro's? Does anyone else think the coverage is bad, or am I being a grumpy old man?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sky do mot provide the live feed. It is TNT/ESPN in this case. So while the coverage may be poor, which I disagree with as its better than nothing, it is not the UK servicd provider at fault.
Simple choice would be not to watch it if it irks you so much.

3putter

Visit site
I am not saying I don't want to watch it, I am stating that I think it seems slightly worse than usual. The regular sky coverage I find ok. I have found it has improved, but the first hour I must have seen pictures of the leaderboard and club house every couples of minutes.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
1st day of a major i always check a few things

beer in the fridge - yes
each way bets on - yes
i have the remote and have hidden the batteries - yes
check the GM forum to see if someone has complained about sky's coverage - and as usual it always happens

Sky have no control so stop moaning about Sky

Yosser

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Half of it due to the company giving the signal to Sky, its up to them what we can view, Sky just need to fill the gaps with whatever they can.

Poor but better than chess

Sky do mot provide the live feed. It is TNT/ESPN in this case. So while the coverage may be poor, which I disagree with as its better than nothing, it is not the UK servicd provider at fault.
Simple choice would be not to watch it if it irks you so much.

Much of the poor coverage is directly attributable to Sky UK. I have an official European Satellite card and you will find that the European broadcasters show a much more comprehensive coverage of the actual golf rather than chatting, show shots in the actual order they are played in and do not show any adverts.

I watched every shot of the Ryder cup live from my European provider - which you should be to do with the number of playing groups involved and that was without adverts. Apparently the Sky coverage of the Ryder Cup was a complete joke, delayed coverage (Compared to the Radio commentaryat the time), excessive amount of adverts, shots shown out of order, not all shots shown.

I can't get my head around a subscription broadcaster showing so many adverts, they are none existent on many European subscriber channels - that's what you pay the money for isn't it? :confused:

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This topics brought up every other week it seems. It could be a lot worse than it is, and it'll never change untill sky can get their own rights to broadcast it. Which isn't likey to happen anytime soon. Just be glad there's any golf to watch.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Much of the poor coverage is directly attributable to Sky UK. I have an official European Satellite card and you will find that the European broadcasters show a much more comprehensive coverage of the actual golf rather than chatting, show shots in the actual order they are played in and do not show any adverts.

Nonsense, Sky have no control over any coverage in the US.

Yosser

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Nonsense, Sky have no control over any coverage in the US.

Nonsense yourself, you don't know what your talking about. I've been installing multi-satellite systems for over twenty years and it is only the British public that would put up with the Sky prices and adverts on a subscription service. The British just moan and don't do anything about it. Easy to get a European card and system nowadays, search for "Broadcasting without frontiers" which the EU are pushing.