Should our Annual 'Past Captain's Cup' be a qualifier??

D

Deleted member 15344

A few people keep asserting this, but I'm yet to hear any good reason as to why.
you have been told a few times but ignore it

Here it is again “because people just at times want to have a game of golf for fun , enjoyment without having to worry about handicap or score”.

That for many people is a good reason

D

Deleted member 23270

A few people keep asserting this, but I'm yet to hear any good reason as to why.
Why should it be? Someone goes out for a knock with their mates and they duff a shot so chuck down another ball. Pick up 6ft from the hole. Pull a crap chip back and try again. Are all these things to be banned so people can submit a card every time they play?

wjemather

Visit site
you have been told a few times but ignore it

Here it is again “because people just at times want to have a game of golf for fun , enjoyment without having to worry about handicap or score”.

That for many people is a good reason
No. That's just a restating of the assertion that a few people don't like it. Not a good reason.

wjemather

Visit site
Why should it be? Someone goes out for a knock with their mates and they duff a shot so chuck down another ball. Pick up 6ft from the hole. Pull a crap chip back and try again. Are all these things to be banned so people can submit a card every time they play?
Ah, the logical fallacy that practice, or otherwise not playing by the rules of golf, must be banned. No-one is suggesting this.

Last edited:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If that's what your doing then of course that card is unacceptable... sorry.

D

Deleted member 23270

If that's what your doing then of course that card is unacceptable... sorry.
Of course it is and people should always be able to go out and do those things. Submitting a card for every round should never be compulsory.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I only wish you'd read peoples' posts with the same diligence as I assume you pour over pages of rules bumf.

As post 49 demonstrates. I think it is time to resurrect the old Internet forum favourite... "the whoosh!"

"You addressed it" did you? How magnanimous of you. Arrogance of the highest order.

Last edited:

wjemather

Visit site
I only wish you'd read peoples' posts with the same diligence as I assume you pour over pages of rules bumf.

As post 49 demonstrates. I think it is time to resurrect the old Internet forum favourite... "the whoosh!"

"You addressed it" did you? Arrogance of the highest order.
The lack of self awareness demonstrated in this post is staggering.