Shamima Begum - In or Out

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Where does the 'cognitive dissonance' come in? Don't think i've been inconsistent in my reasoning/beliefs on this,and just to prove it-shoot them,so glad that you agree with"we'll kill people"
You’re saying execution is fine when it’s for a cause that you believe in. You’re also saying it isn’t fine for causes you don’t believe in.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The law as applied by the Supreme Court is straightforward - she is not a British citizen and so has no right of access to the U.K. The removal of citizenship being at the heart of the matter was political. Decision may well have been legal - but it was political. But hey. Good to hear the views of the usual suspects and so I’m out on this.

To quote yourself, oh the irony :rolleyes:

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The subject of the thread is whether a decision made by the Home Secretary was right or wrong. If that's not a political discussion, I don't know what is!

No. It is the subject of the supreme Court ruling. They ate a court and they interpret the law. That is what we are talking about and what people think of that legal decision and anything to do with what she has done by joining isis. Feel free to start a political thread if you want and then you and Hogan can masticate over that while others can stay on this legal and moral discussion

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You’re saying execution is fine when it’s for a cause that you believe in. You’re also saying it isn’t fine for causes you don’t believe in.
Give that man a coconut(although I'm not sure what the 2nd sentence means-what 'causes'-parking tickets?
Let's get it straight--'An eye for an eye',what's wrong with that?Someone damages you or yours what would you like to happen-sit down with them and discuss why they behaved this way over tea and biccies?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
No. It is the subject of the supreme Court ruling. They ate a court and they interpret the law. That is what we are talking about and what people think of that legal decision and anything to do with what she has done by joining isis. Feel free to start a political thread if you want and then you and Hogan can masticate over that while others can stay on this legal and moral discussion
Maybe you missed the finer detail, but the court case was about whether the Home Secretary (a politician) had the authority to make the decision.

They decided he had that authority. They were not making a judgement on whether his decision was the right one or not.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Give that man a coconut(although I'm not sure what the 2nd sentence means-what 'causes'-parking tickets?
Let's get it straight--'An eye for an eye',what's wrong with that?Someone damages you or yours what would you like to happen-sit down with them and discuss why they behaved this way over tea and biccies?
If someone killed a loved one of mine I’d probably want them to die in the heat of the moment and that’s why I should have no say in the punishment.

And quoting the Bible doesn’t really help your argument; the first half of that book is about an omnipotent being continually feeding his blood lust.