Shamima Begum - In or Out

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The entire thread is political, it's a debate about whether a decision made by a politician was right or wrong. If you want to keep politics out of it, you should close or delete the thread as it's impossible to do that.

No, it's not. It's a thread about whether YOU think she should be allowed back, and if so, why, and if not, why.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
iu

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think she should be allowed back and enjoy both the privileges but also experience the weight of the law. If she is guilty of a crime, convict her, throw away the key. If she is not convicted, let her go. I am sure MI5 would be keeping an eye on her for a while if that latter happened. There should be one standard of law for everyone. She was very young and naive when she went and may have wised up now. Or maybe she hasn't. I am sure the court could figure out which.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
No, it really isn't. It's about your opinions, what you think. It has nothing to do with politics, citizenship, lawyers, or anything else other than your own opinion.
Tell you what, why don't we have a thread "do YOU think we should rejoin the EU?" - by your definition, that wouldn't be a political discussion either ?

D

Deleted Member 1156

I think she should be allowed back and enjoy both the privileges but also experience the weight of the law. If she is guilty of a crime, convict her, throw away the key. If she is not convicted, let her go. I am sure MI5 would be keeping an eye on her for a while if that latter happened. There should be one standard of law for everyone. She was very young and naive when she went and may have wised up now. Or maybe she hasn't. I am sure the court could figure out which.
Well she hasn't shown any remorse yet or sympathised with the victims of the Manchester bombing so that says quite a lot about her current position.

D

Deleted member 1418

The way this thread is going reminds me of the 'blasphemy' scene in Life of Brian........'It's political; it's not politcal' ???

Let's bring back Shamima AND political threads.........?

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If someone killed a loved one of mine I’d probably want them to die in the heat of the moment and that’s why I should have no say in the punishment.

And quoting the Bible doesn’t really help your argument; the first half of that book is about an omnipotent being continually feeding his blood lust.

Certainly wouldn't be in the heat of the moment(although if I was Physically there then?)...No I think that I could sit,wait and 'enjoy a dish served cold' would even pull the handle/trigger
That doesn't make me omnipotent it might make me a bit happier that I went some way looking into their eyes and asking them if it was worth it,before sending them on their way!
Lovely talking to you but got to go and do something worthwhile.................OOPS,original point?Let her rot where she is!!-Deserves nothing from this country!
Jimbo

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Is this not the most political thread possible yet it is allowed to run?
Nothing good can come out of a thread on this subject.

No, it's not. It's only political because people are dragging politics into it, giving not their opinions on how to deal with the situation, but their opinions on how the powers that be are dealing with it. These are totally able to be separated, if their is the desire to do so.