Shamima Begum - In or Out

D

Deleted member 1147

Personally don’t care if she lives or dies. But if I was involved, I’d bring her back, and then throw the book at her.

D-S

Visit site
I’d happily throw her out, but who’s problem should she be? If some nutter comes over here from another country to become a terrorist would they become suddenly our problem and not the state where they come from? It seems to be justice should be served from her country of origin not wherever she decided to inflict herself on.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Traminator is correct about the not being able to attend and so the case cannot go ahead.
But the court wants to make a ruling and she wants her day. Ultimately it’s just a matter of time before the get a work around.
When that happens the legal system will spend and spend, as is their want. And she will get back her UK nationality...
in the end she was a thick 15 yr who made a mistake and has pretty much enjoyed the stupid decision... but if she is returned they should just say .. behave, we don’t want you here.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
OUT-strip citizenship-she's made her bed,let her lie on it!
The big problem coming up has got to be the home grown fanatics who believe in their 'cause' How do we deal with them?How much do we spend on watching them?Do we have the means and personnel to do this?How do we find them all?
Don't know if there's an easy answer to all this-does anyone? On a lighter note Billy Connelly does a good sumnation on anyone trying it on in Glasgow(youtube-Glasgow airport)
Jimbo

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
OUT-strip citizenship-she's made her bed,let her lie on it!
The big problem coming up has got to be the home grown fanatics who believe in their 'cause' How do we deal with them?How much do we spend on watching them?Do we have the means and personnel to do this?How do we find them all?
Don't know if there's an easy answer to all this-does anyone? On a lighter note Billy Connelly does a good sumnation on anyone trying it on in Glasgow(youtube-Glasgow airport)
Jimbo
I'm just watching Billy Connolly's Made in Scotland series on BBCi Player

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We are to blame for the costs.. we allow our legal system to spend and to pay disproportionate salaries.. we capped that and the cost would drop.
Excellent point,also am thinking of the ambulance chasing shysters who went after our troops in N.I. and Iran(o.k. Iran especially-know that one was shut down)
Politicians and lawyers eh(well some of them are definitely dodgy lying(sorry-rephrase to read 'not well acquainted with with the truth but are at home with the version that suits them)
Jimbo

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We charge and punish those who spy and plot against us as treason, but then here we are argueing over whether someone who knowingly went off to support an enemey force in their stated aim of killing us and our troops.

Let her back and shes a martyr and the tip of the iceberg of hate we let into our country. Let her die there shes a martyr to the hate for us.
Personally, a stray bullet wouldn't have any tears shed .

D

Deleted member 25172

I think she should be put on trial where she is. That should sort things out.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
She wants to come back Because ISIS were defeated ( at the moment). Would she want to come back if ISIS were still trying to kill people opposed to ISIS.
If she comes back, it will be another Abu Hamza scenario where he worked the UK legal system for 8 years Before he was sent to the USA. Hypothetically if she was allowed back, If/ when she loses her case and is to be deported, where does she go to because Bangladesh has already said she is not going there.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Once she is allowed into the country, there is no way she will ever leave. You just need to see how asylum seekers are still here after however many rejections. I think she deserves her time in court (remotely), and when it is thrown out (correctly in my view), then she needs to accept that and deal with it.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I wonder how many guys on here look back at what they did from the age of 15 and wince?

How many of you with wonderful grown up children look back at what they were like at 15 and wonder how you didn't wring their neck?

As a serving member of the armed forces I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on any one of the group she ran away to, but she was an ill-educated juvenile. We are far better than those who took her for short term pleasure then disposed of her. We should be seen to rise above our disgust and allow the legal process to be followed in a civilised, fair and unbiased way...

And then kick her out when we find her guilty...?

Yes, I look back at some of the decisions I made as a teenager and wince/blush/give thanks for the lack of the internet.

I've equally no doubt that she was to some degree "worked over" by sharper minds than hers and used to their advantage (but I don't buy that a 15 year old that gets herself to Syria is ill-educated, certainly not in respect of street smarts).

However I struggle with applying the level of forgiveness you propose. Why? Because none of my indiscretions at that age were ever at the level of proposing to wage, or support, war against my own country. And I had sufficient sense of right & wrong and backbone to never have given in to the thought that waging or supporting war against my own country was the right thing to do. So I'm in the she made her bed camp. She has had opportunities to renounce her chosen life style but never fully has to my knowledge.

As for letting her in & throwing the book at her, why risk not being able to throw her out again or having to pay the costs of imprisoning her?

No, leave her where she is for me.

greenone

Visit site
Are acts of terrorism illegal under international law? She isn't stateless, she chose to join the Islamic State.
Islamic state was never an internationally recognised state and she has no other citizenship. Of course terrorism is illegal and if the evidence is there she should be tried for it.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
ISIS have not been defeated by any means,they are re-financing/re-grouping/re-stocking with more brainwashed or radicalised elements/converts/disaffected people looking for a cause that they may see as a viable alternative to the systems that are in place in our westernised(mainly)world culture.Whether this supposed alternative is long term and workable is a different matter. Most Western intelligence sources-France/Germany/Italy/Spain/U.K./U.S of A=the Anzac coalition view this re-emergence as a way of taking our 'way of life'back 2000 years.How do we stop this?..Ireally don't know but,whatever happens it's not going to be pretty and a lot of blood is going to be shed I fear(as do Chatham House/Imperial War College and institutions around the world.
To re-quote Bunkermagnet-an awful lot of bullets are going to be needed.
Jimbo