Seven wood

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a seven wood, it’s in and out of the bag regularly. I love it’s versatility, windy days it’s a bit too high but it’s a good club.
I was thinking is it worth looking at updating it, it’s a Bridgestone J33 head, I picked up and had made up for me. Just wondering if there are hotter lower spin options or are 7 woods not really that developed.
Any users of the current offerings?

D

Deleted member 16999

Mizuno ST200X or STZ 7 Wood available in both, I got one in the 200X version and as you say, a versatile club that stayed in the bag most of what we had available last year.

D

Deleted member 3432

I have a seven wood, it’s in and out of the bag regularly. I love it’s versatility, windy days it’s a bit too high but it’s a good club.
I was thinking is it worth looking at updating it, it’s a Bridgestone J33 head, I picked up and had made up for me. Just wondering if there are hotter lower spin options or are 7 woods not really that developed.
Any users of the current offerings?

Are you looking to hit a particular yardage with this? If so a lower spin model might go further than what you have now.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
I know you can get a TM Sim in 7 wood. DJ had one in his bag at Augusta so it's probably alright!

They do seem to be making a bit of a comeback with a few more of the big brands doing them after really only selling 1/3/5 (and adjustable variations of) for a while.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes distance has to slot in between my 4 hybrid and 5 wood so ball speed around 125-128mph ish.
My 5 wood was updated year before last and it was a rejected bespoke build. But it was a perfect fit for me, and made me drop the 3 wood as a consequence.
The J33 is a small head, and forgiveness isn’t its strong point but I don’t feel that is high priority for me either because I can find the middle ( it’s small so there is just a middle!)

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
I am a 7 wood user (an old Mizuno MP001). In lockdown I have upgraded, buying a 2nd hand Callaway Rogue Heavenwood, so slightly longer shaft than my old 7. Yet to hit it, so will tell you if its any better on Monday evening :LOL::LOL:.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have a 24 degree hybrid which a friend of mine refers to as a 10 1/2 wood.

I call it a gentlemans persuader.

It is just so versatile.

Reactions: AAC

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bunch of wooses, get a tiny head bladed 3 iron ?
Play blades already was brought up on Mizuno tp-18s ... still can hit that, but when your surrounded by people using big headed woods and GI irons... why should you hinder yourself especially when you can 3 putt from 10ft!