Seriously GUTTED! :(

mattyb0y

Head Pro
Visit site
Going on holiday wed... anyways rushing around as usual thousand things on my mind whilst in town i thought il go get the euros while im hear 1 less thing to do...

anyways went to the cash point withdrawn £200 went to the post office looked in my wallet... no money!

Legged it back to the bank (as i used the cash machine inside) NOTHING!

Anyways asked what could be done at bank and nothing but just waiting to see if the machine has swallowed it up they will ring me later apparently?

I am absoutly gutted anyone had this done before to them? or can offer advice

Also asked if somebody has handed it in... and the bank manager said "well would you?" and i honestly can say yes i would because i know how it feels!

A Gutted Matt :(

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
If someone hasn't handed it in, then they are a thief. No other word for it, it wasn't their cash.

Hopefully the machine just sucked it back in, and the bank will credit it back to you tomorrow.

You would have thought if there was someone waiting to use the machine that they would have called you back at the time, so if no one was there the machine probably took it back.

Adrena1in

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
anyways went to the cash point withdrawn £200 went to the post office looked in my wallet... no money!

...anyone had this done before to them?

You withdrew £200, but then forget to take it out of the cash machine? Never "had that done" to me, no, but definitely gutted for you. I'd hand in money if I found it hanging out of a machine, but most people these days probably wouldn't I'm afraid. Nothing the bank can do really, unless they can go through the CCTV tapes.

mattyb0y

Head Pro
Visit site
You withdrew £200, but then forget to take it out of the cash machine? .

Must have mate i cant rember doin it tho just keep going over it in me head and i really cant remeber to take the money out!

dangermouse

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've done that with a sizeable sum in the past and fortunately the machine pulled it back after 20/30 seconds or so, and the amount was re-credited to my account the day after.

Like you, I had a lot of things on that day and had wandered off when my card came back as I wasn't thinking about what I was doing.

It's not a mistake I am ever likely to be making again though!

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Do all ATMs not have cctv built in nowadays? IF someone did take your money, they will be on video.

Is it illegal anyway?

I have once done it but the kind person called me back and I have once called them back, but if no one was about I would have pocket it...

Thanks for the new S9-1 ;)

mancity101

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i have over the weekend had my bank card cloned and the account emptied on friday and saturday, I only realised when I went to get money out and had a balance of £3.81
weas distraught, was my holiday money and money I had saved for daughters 18th, bank told me had been cloned and they would see what they could do...yesterday they phoned, said the withdrawals made in Chingford,I live in Manchester tried to takke more out, had a credit pending, card was swallowed and they have CCTV footage of them
Bank has repplaced all the money, covered the DDs ....fingers x'd they will for you
Best advice I got was inform the Police and get a crime ref number

Good Luck

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
It is theft. If it didn't belong to you, it belonged to someone else, hence taking it is theft.

there used to be an offence called 'stealing by finding' - don't know if it exists separately anymore - but it would have covered this

found a bag of money once, didn't count it but a lot! considered hanging on to it (I mean a lot!) but in the end handed it in. A week later I lost an envelope with about £200 in, (I thought possibly in DG), phoned them, it had been handed in.

Society_Fan

Head Pro
www.rigsgolf.co.uk
Gutted for you...
I once got £800 from a savings account to put in to my current account accross the road. So I went in got the money out, stuffed it in to my inside pocket, did my jacket up, went and put it in to my current account. The lady counted it out and I have been given £1000 !!! Checked the receipt... £800. Obviously took it back, waited for the cashier who had served me. Explained what had happened. Not a word of a lie, there was no Thank You, I'm sorry, or anything. Just took the envelope and put her head down !
I wasn't after a medal, but a bit of courtousy would not have gone a miss.

mattyb0y

Head Pro
Visit site
Been to the bank and had a chat with the manager who said that the machine is being investigated... but not to hold my breath however he said to fill out a ATM dispute form and keep fingers crossed!

Its just gutting as i am not playing a sympathy card but as i am a student my wages for a month usually make £250 so its hit me hard! However i have lent the cash for euros and i am off on holiday in the morning!

To be fair its a lesson learnt the hard way! Sods law only the day before i went and took £20 for a pint cudnt have happened then! lol

But if nothing else its slowed me down a bit and will teach me not to leave things to the last min!

Thanks for reply guys... and im off to Cyprus in the morning! :) C ya folks!

Matt