Serious breach of etiquette.

Wolf

Visit site
Can people please figure out how to use the quote function? That’s a much worse breach of internet etiquette!

Don't think it's the posters issue, I've had a few work correctly and not last couple days depending on what device I've used to reply. Seems to work when I use my phone like now, but my tablet ain't having none of it, perhaps a setting issue I'll have to have a look at. Either that or I'm just being a knob which could be highly likely.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The one really striking thing about this debate is .
If the stats say it’s better to have the flag in to putt. (You tube video)
Why would you not attend if requested but force an op to putt with it in if he can’t see the hole.
If you attend it he will have less chance of holing his putt as the flag will be out when the ball gets there.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Don't think it's the posters issue, I've had a few work correctly and not last couple days depending on what device I've used to reply. Seems to work when I use my phone like now, but my tablet ain't having none of it, perhaps a setting issue I'll have to have a look at. Either that or I'm just being a knob which could be highly likely.

It’s posters not realising they’ve deleted a quote statement but not the paired statement. It’s easily done especially with the tiny window on mobiles to type in but it makes some discussions tough to follow!

Wolf

Visit site
It’s posters not realising they’ve deleted a quote statement but not the paired statement. It’s easily done especially with the tiny window on mobiles to type in but it makes some discussions tough to follow!
Usually I'd say your right however I can't agree my phone screen is smaller than tablet nothing is being deleted but tablet still does it and phone doesn't.

shagster

Head Pro
Visit site
if a player refused to attend a flag for me, that's his prerogative
i would not be doing any talking to him, watching his ball, and i would be timing any searches he took
and no handshake after
there again i have never come across this type of person on the golf course, and if i did, i would never play with them again

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
if a player refused to attend a flag for me, that's his prerogative
i would not be doing any talking to him, watching his ball, and i would be timing any searches he took
and no handshake after
there again i have never come across this type of person on the golf course, and if i did, i would never play with them again
Other than the last part, it seems you might be lowering your standards to match his already low level?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Other than the last part, it seems you might be lowering your standards to match his already low level?

That MAY make him rethink his stance though.
How hard is it to attend a flag really?
Somethings need to come to a head , I think this will be one just my opinion.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
That MAY make him rethink his stance though.
How hard is it to attend a flag really?
Somethings need to come to a head , I think this will be one just my opinion.

More likely he will go away, oblivious to his own bad manners, and slag you off in the bar to his mates as a stand-offish, uncommunicative misery. ;)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I didn't know you knew my brother and had played golf with him
I’ve played with everyone’s brother!

I go to play golf to get away from all the crap in my life the last thing anybody needs is hassle on the course.
I will always accommodate a request within the rules by anybody.
I just can’t get my head around people who say “I am not doing that”
I get that enough in work “it’s not my job”
Until it’s pointed out to them that if they need help it comes from the ones they are saying no to.
Some learn quick others never do.

Wolf

Visit site
I’ve played with everyone’s brother!

I go to play golf to get away from all the crap in my life the last thing anybody needs is hassle on the course.
I will always accommodate a request within the rules by anybody.
I just can’t get my head around people who say “I am not doing that”
I get that enough in work “it’s not my job”
Until it’s pointed out to them that if they need help it comes from the ones they are saying no to.
Some learn quick others never do.
Trust me you wouldn't want to play with mine. He is an unbelievably talented ball striker that hits it long and a deft touch, but he is complete Arse both off the course and on it, no matter how he plays its not enjoyable to watch..

I agree with you though golf equally is my escape and I don't want the little time I get for enjoyment ruined by some knob that is there just to be awkward

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
The fact that the original question has resulted in quite a number of disparate views points me to the recommendation in the new rules that you should have a Code of Conduct for players. Such a Code would include any misconduct which a Committee thinks important enough to merit a penalty - be it one stroke, general penalty or disqualification or a an escalation from one stroke to disqualification. [Rule 1.2b] Its advanatage is that it would be specific in a way that the Rules aren't and could be added to should a misconduct situation arise that you hadn't thought about.

It's worth looking at Rule 1.2 a which cites ways in which players are expected to play "in the spirit of the game". It's very broad - no mention of details like attending the flagstick!)