Sergio - Less bottle than a teetotallers drinks cabinet.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No argument about how much work Harrington puts in. I' wasn't disputing how much Harrington works (Though I'll admit that on reading back my post on that occasion you could have read it the way you have understandably.)

He's seen now to be a better wedge player than old lefty.. But he certainly had a lot of lucky breaks, i.ethe luck of the irish that made his job easier. There again the odd ball was also swallowed by bunkers so he wasn't lucky all the time...lol

To say that Sergio doesn't practice is also untrue, as I've seen interviews where he's been talking about his putting & what he's doing to address problems he's having, so he clearly does practice a lot. A player is always his own worst critic & if Sergio is saying he doesn't practice enough its probably more to do with knowing he's a lot of work yet to do about certain things.

Skill may have had a hellof a lot to do with things, but then luck or lack of it on the course has a lot to do with things no matter how good or bad a player you are. Anyone who wins is always luckier than someone who doesn't.

Lee Travino when asked how he got so good, is known to have essentially have answered (And I'll oppologise for any missquote), that the more he practiced the luckier he became.

So in short both are true.

If you consider how much work Sergio yet needs to do with his putting it really does show how good the rest of his game really is, to be playing with Harrington on numerous occasions on final days, both recently & last year.