Seasons Goals ?

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Guess we're about half way through the season, so how are your seasons goals shaping up from what you set yourself ??

Good or bad.

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
So far so good. Target was a 4 shot cut. I'm 2 down and 0.2 from the next one.

Much more consistent this year and that was also a target.

All very enjoyable.

Merv_swerve

Challenge Tour Pro
goo.gl
Get back to single figures.
3x buffers and 0.2 cut. Currently at 9.6.
Too many shouldawouldacoulda's so far. Close to target but don't want to be yo-yoing between 10/9 so long way to go yet.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So so. Achieved a competition win (and qualified for the end of season "Masters"). Handicap stubbornly refuses to shift past 14 (although coming down slower than an asthmatic tortoise). Short game improving. Not bad but could be better

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
So far so good for me.
Playing once a week with family/friends, played a few new courses and I can honestly say I have had fun everytime I have payed.
Shooting some decent scores too which is a nice added bonus.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mind you it would be nice to win the years Seniors Order of Merit* having been runner up 3 years.

*Mostmoney won in Seniors regular comps.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Already done it. Got from 8 back to 5. Might have gone back up to 6 yesterday but I'm playing well enough to go lower.

Started later in the season than many over here for the Order of Merit but I'm aiming for a top 10 place, and into the teens already.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On course to achieve two of my season goals, qualify for the championships and play more than 15 comps. Failed on the season knockout, getting put out in the first round when i wanted to get to the 3rd round.

My main goal is to get down to around about 12.4 handicap, I have come down but just not grtting into a grove to allow me to get the cuts. Will need to re-evaluate that one and try getting down somewhere nearer to it than i am now.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
So far so good.

Unbeaten in match play, playing off 12 with full allowance. Just competing was a goal!

Playing generally to a standard to break 90 so that meets goal 2.

Goal 3 was to have fun, yup had that in spades!

Roll on my next match!

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I am playing very solid at the moment, but still a few shots away from breaking 100 (which is the biggest season goal). Also I am struggling to bring my handicap down because there are just too few qualifying comps at my club (so far I've been able to play 3 this year, got cut one shot in one of them). For that reason I have not set myself a handicap target for the season. It is just too frustrating with so few chances to play comps.

Condiitionwise our course is at it's best at the moment, though, so no excuses. A lot of run on the fairways, but greens still reasonably receptive. Rough cut relatively short except for a few wilderness spots.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Currently on track with both goals;
- keep my handicap active.
- play more golf - by the end of July I will have played 7 rounds 5 weeks, which is about as many as I played in the whole of last year.

Jasonr

Club Champion
Visit site
I had some very modest goals for this year as I am more or less a complete newbie and 2.5 months (with a slight hiatus for a minor op) in
Goal Join a club - Done
Get a handicap - Done
Shoot under 100 (nearly done @104)
Play more consistently - I don't think I'll ever be done on this so I will roll it into the other goals
Get a gross birdie - Done

D

Deleted member 23270

I set very low standards this year and so far I have consistently failed to achieve them :eek:

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Don't do targets as such, as would find it too upsetting to keep missing...

But had it in the back of my mind that it would be nice to post a sub 80 comp score at some point in my life. Birdied the last for a 79 yesterday, so that'll do for this year.

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No. Have been abysmal mostly. Have had 2/3 cuts but a lot of 0.1's also. Have no middle ground between good and terrible. Stupid game.

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It's a mixed bag for me-

Get to 4 h'cap- got down to 5, now sat at 5.5
Win a trophy- had a good round, good enough to win, one of the boys shot a 68 net 63 to blow me out the water
Qualify for club champs- very happy with round 1, played badly but held it together to shoot a good score. Round 2 I just couldn't hold on any longer!

Main thing to work on is course management. I'm struggling to choose the right shots just now.