Scottish v English football

D

Deleted member 15344

Ah c'mon now Phil did you really think we needed to be told that advertising brings in revenue, really who'd have thunk it!

Its not about being too busy concentrating on ads, its about being distracted by them (with the clubs blessing)

So in the name of revenue you're happy to have an electronic football roll across a hoarding in the opposite direction to the ball in play? or a red flashing hoarding behind the Liverpool player in possession (there's a reason clubs have an away strip you know)

And well done on the veiled insult about our attention spans, great contribution, take a boo son!

There was no veiled insult anywhere

Liverpool have the advertising hoardings and have done for years

Makes no difference to me or distracts me because I'm too busy concentrating on the game - if people are being distracted that means the advertising is prob better than the sport that is going on or are easily distracted

I watch the football that's what I'm there to watch.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
It's quite interesting that the top Spanish teams is your preference then go on to mention the ball being passed around in the EPL looking for the "perfect magical goal" and also sleep inducing when the one team that does it more than most is - Barcelona :confused:

Guilty as charged! :rofl: Though they weren't always like that - or at least not that bad!

Maybe it was just being in the cold (and often breezy) stadium watching (at different times) Henry, Vieirra, Fabregas, Pires, RVP and co bop it about when there seemed so many chances for a bit of their imagination to create a goal.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Advertising = revenue for clubs. Wow. Shock horror

It's a given that clubs, whatever level and whether static or high tec electronic, need the revenue generated, perhaps more so th elower down the pyramid you go. To say you should be focused soley on the 22 players and the game is a rather glib repsonse. Plenty of breaks in play, and to be honest, and the point that the OP on this subject was making, is that sometimes these are just so garish you cannot help but see them. I defy anyone to watch an entire match and not let their eyes get distracted. Bit like eating a donut and not licking the sugar off your lips

D

Deleted member 18588

Advertising = revenue for clubs. Wow. Shock horror

It's a given that clubs, whatever level and whether static or high tec electronic, need the revenue generated, perhaps more so th elower down the pyramid you go. To say you should be focused soley on the 22 players and the game is a rather glib repsonse. Plenty of breaks in play, and to be honest, and the point that the OP on this subject was making, is that sometimes these are just so garish you cannot help but see them. I defy anyone to watch an entire match and not let their eyes get distracted. Bit like eating a donut and not licking the sugar off your lips

See them.......... yes.

Distracted by them........no!

After all I believe they are known as peripheral advertising so they are not intended to hold your attention for more than 1-2 seconds.

You might just as easily be distracted by the faces in the crowd.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
You might just as easily be distracted by the faces in the crowd.

Will be if EPL TV coverage goes down the World Cup route - giving us loads of crowd and crowd emotion close up and super slomo shots - though finding the gamerous lassies might not be so easy at some EPL grounds.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 18588

Will be if EPL TV coverage goes down the World Cup route - giving us loads of crowd and crowd emotion close up and super slomo shots - though finding the gamerous lassies might not be so easy at some EPL grounds.

Fair comment but that is a criticism that needs to be aimed at the TV producers rather than the EPL or the clubs.

As for the glamorous lassies that may be more than just not so easy.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Fair comment but that is a criticism that needs to be aimed at the TV producers rather than the EPL or the clubs.

As for the glamorous lassies that may be more than just not so easy.

Super slomo is one reason EPL clubs like Chelsea are boosting their floodlighting - supports better super slomo as less grainy (apparently)

D

Deleted member 18588

Super slomo is one reason EPL clubs like Chelsea are boosting their floodlighting - supports better super slomo as less grainy (apparently)

Some of the players I have seen over the years would not have needed super slo-mo!

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Great to see the Mighty Glasgow Celtic again solely keeping Scotland's flag flying again in Europe.

Improving with every game and tonight keeps us in with a chance of making it to the group stages

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
With my impeccable sense of timing I mentioned that I quite liked the look of the new Celtic management team and team players.
Then they go and lose 6-1 over two legs.

Tonight may just be the bump start that they required.
Good result for Arsenal in Turkey as well.

D

Deleted member 15344

Big first step for them - taken their chance at the moment

The away goal could be crucial

D

Deleted member 15344

Georgios Samaras has left Celtic to West Brom on a free transfer

Will be interesting to see how he does in the Prem after scoring well in the SPL

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Georgios Samaras has left Celtic to West Brom on a free transfer

Will be interesting to see how he does in the Prem after scoring well in the SPL

Never really rated him. No pace, but holds the ball up well.
Certainly not a goalscorer. He would struggle in the Sky Bet league far less Barclays.
The Baggies only bought his because he cost nothing.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Never really rated him. No pace, but holds the ball up well.
Certainly not a goalscorer. He would struggle in the Sky Bet league far less Barclays.
The Baggies only bought his because he cost nothing.

Clueless post.

Fine signing for WBA.Greek international and a very decent footballer who on his day can be unplayable.Those days are not frequent but he's a player who will be able to fulfill a role in the EPL never mind the Sky Bet.