Scottish Fitba'

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear….total meltdown by bears in the followfollow Bear Pit. Players on £30k a week (average?) - only Butland and Tav (despite his defensive failings) getting pass marks.

And as for handing the Eastenders the title…just unforgivable. No matter, there’s always the Cup - though Hearts will be (more than just) fancying their chances…

No apologies to Rangers supporters for my schadenfreude I’m afraid, but one has to look for some sunshine somewhere if you support the team I do…😟

Springveldt

Visit site
Makes you wonder when Celtic are not miles ahead, especially since that have 7 points out of 9 against Rangers.
What Boyd was complaining about after the Dundee game with Rangers going side to side all game, Celtic have done that all season. It’s been brutal to watch at times.

I think the reason Celtic have taken 7 out of 9 against Rangers is because Rangers actually try and attack them and don’t just sit in and counter. If they do that in the final game they will have a much better chance of winning as Celtic have really struggled all season to break teams down.

Not looking forward to that Killie away game at all.

Springveldt

Visit site
Quite an amazing result today, totally unexpected. What a run in it's going to be. Just a shame we can't have the Derby as the last game, what a spectacle that would be.
No chance, I was at the game back in 99 when Dallas got hit with a coin and Rangers did the huddle after winning. People completely lost the plot that game, mild mannered guys around me were wanting to storm the pitch to get to Dallas. It was mental.

Imagine a last game, winner takes all. There would be mayhem, not enough police to handle it imho. I thought it would either be the first or second game after the split.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
What Boyd was complaining about after the Dundee game with Rangers going side to side all game, Celtic have done that all season. It’s been brutal to watch at times.

I think the reason Celtic have taken 7 out of 9 against Rangers is because Rangers actually try and attack them and don’t just sit in and counter. If they do that in the final game they will have a much better chance of winning as Celtic have really struggled all season to break teams down.

Not looking forward to that Killie away game at all.
Beat Rangers at Celtic Park and the Killie game should be irrelevant.

Rangers must be regretting not signing Shankland in January, Dessers and Silva are nowhere near good enough.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Beat Rangers at Celtic Park and the Killie game should be irrelevant.

Rangers must be regretting not signing Shankland in January, Dessers and Silva are nowhere near good enough.

Dessers has scored more goals than any Celtic player other than the penalty taker.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Dessers has scored more goals than any Celtic player other than the penalty taker.
Which penalty taker? We’ve had about 10 of them this season and they have all been terrible 😁

Shankland and Miovski have scored more than Dessers, playing for lesser teams. Even Bair at Motherwell has a better record. Dessers to me is a clumsy big oaf, but if you are happy with him, that’s fine by me😁

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Dessers is murder and Silva is great when everything is going alright, but goes missing when the going gets tough.
Celtic have won the league already and they’ve had a poor season for their own standards.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No, Dessers is not the finished article by a long way.

Scored more, in less games, than Kiogo though.😉

Ida should be straight in the Celtic - he's a player and a right handful.

Last edited:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
No chance, I was at the game back in 99 when Dallas got hit with a coin and Rangers did the huddle after winning. People completely lost the plot that game, mild mannered guys around me were wanting to storm the pitch to get to Dallas. It was mental.

Imagine a last game, winner takes all. There would be mayhem, not enough police to handle it imho. I thought it would either be the first or second game after the split.
I was at the 4-2 game in 1979, the best game I’ve ever seen. Celtic’s last game of the season. Rangers had a game in hand. Celtic had to win to clinch the title, a draw for Rangers would leave them needing to win their last game, at home to Thistle , to win the league.

Celtic were a goal down and a man down with 25 minutes to go. It looked hopeless, but we somehow managed to go 2-1 up. Just when we thought we had climbed the mountain, Rangers equalised. Back to despair. Then with a few minutes left, Colin Jackson knocked a cross into his own net, quickly followed by a Murdo MacLeod pile driver. It was utter bedlam 😁

IIRC about 4,000 turned up for the Thistle dead rubber 😂

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
No, Dessers is not the finished article by a long way.

Scored more, in less games, than Kiogo though.😉

Ida should be straight in the Celtic - he's a player and a right handful.
If we offered you a straight swap of Kyogo for Dessers, would you take it?

The wee man has struggled this season with injuries and also fitting into Rodgers’ system where he has been starved of service, but he is a class act, the best striker we’ve had since Henrik imo.