Scottish Fitba'

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Some results in football cause the maximum discombobulation. Ross Co. 3-2 Glasgow Rangers is at one and the same time both the worst result for me and one of the funniest - if not one of the best. I think I’ll just 🤣🤣 for now and 😢😢 later. When I said I’d like RC to stay up I didn’t expect them to be doing this. Honestly…football 🙄

Last edited:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Can anyone explain the rationale behind the plan to move Dundee-Rangers to St Johnstone if Dens fails a pitch inspection today?

Dundee have finished in the top 6, the outcome of the game does not affect the post-split fixtures. So there is no reason why the game can't be played at any time over the next 4 or 5 weeks. I get it's a pain that it's been postponed twice at the last minute because of heavy rain, but that's no reason to move it. There was a game with ICT a few years ago which was postponed something mad like 20 times, but was eventually played at the original venue.

I know that Rangers aren't happy and have complained to the SPFL, but that's no reason to cave in and move it to a neutral venue.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I imagine it's to save fans travelling there for a 3rd time, only to find the game cancelled at short notice.

I'd be interested to know if there is a precedent for this, giving as it does an advantage of playing an away fixture at a neutral ground. Are they going to have the same contingency plan for the rest of Dundee's home fixtures this season?

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Can anyone explain the rationale behind the plan to move Dundee-Rangers to St Johnstone if Dens fails a pitch inspection today?

Dundee have finished in the top 6, the outcome of the game does not affect the post-split fixtures. So there is no reason why the game can't be played at any time over the next 4 or 5 weeks. I get it's a pain that it's been postponed twice at the last minute because of heavy rain, but that's no reason to move it. There was a game with ICT a few years ago which was postponed something mad like 20 times, but was eventually played at the original venue.

I know that Rangers aren't happy and have complained to the SPFL, but that's no reason to cave in and move it to a neutral venue.
Another reason why games should be played on the first available date. The first free midweek the weather was good and the game would have went ahead no problem.