Scottish Fitba'

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Watched the highlights of last nights SPL matches.…and oh dear, oh dear…I have to say that if the highlights were anything to go by - and why wouldn’t they be - then my team StJ were absolute awful against Dundee. Utterly hopeless. What a difference selling our captain/key defender and best midfielder has made…alarm bells must be ringing very loudly indeed. Painful watching…and against Dundee of all teams…

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A real shame that St.J couldn't kick on from their amazing success last year.

Anyone remember when St. Mirren won the Scottish Cup and the whole town turned out in support? Next year, first home game had about 2000 home supporters.

On that note, Hibs support looked poor last night. They pumped Rangers last time, you'd think they would be up for cheering their team on again.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Watched the highlights of last nights SPL matches.…and oh dear, oh dear…I have to say that if the highlights were anything to go by - and why wouldn’t they be - then my team StJ were absolute awful against Dundee. Utterly hopeless. What a difference selling our captain/key defender and best midfielder has made…alarm bells must be ringing very loudly indeed. Painful watching…and against Dundee of all teams…
Just for SwingsitlikeHogan enjoyed last night - onwards and upwards - Perth is struggling

01-12-2021_Dundee v St Johnstone_dy_0130.JPG

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Celtic beat Hearts with a clearly offside goal...........well that is a surprise.:unsure:
Scotland really does need to do a root and branch clear out of it's current crop of referees, they are just hopeless.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Celtic beat Hearts with a clearly offside goal...........well that is a surprise.:unsure:
Scotland really does need to do a root and branch clear out of it's current crop of referees, they are just hopeless.

hardly - it was borderline.

goal.jpeg

FWIW I do think it was marginally offside, but it was just one of a number of debatable / poor decisions made by Madden and his team, against both sides. There was one in the second half where Celtic had a corner, the ball was cleared then played back in, the Hearts players had pushed up but got it wrong and 3 celtic players were left in splendid isolation 6 yards out. Linesman gave offside, replay showed they were all clearly onside.

The sooner VAR is brought in, the better.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
A real shame that St.J couldn't kick on from their amazing success last year.

Anyone remember when St. Mirren won the Scottish Cup and the whole town turned out in support? Next year, first home game had about 2000 home supporters.

On that note, Hibs support looked poor last night. They pumped Rangers last time, you'd think they would be up for cheering their team on again.
Unfortunately when you have to sell your two best players, players in crucial positions on the pitch, then this season is how the standard SPL team’s season can crumble. In the SPL the margin is very narrow (in StJs case two players) between having a team that comfortably avoids a relegation battle and one that is mired deep in one. And I could see from Wednesday’s match that players who last year had a great season, this year are really struggling.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's marginal - probably offside but potentially not, VAR would probably rule it out but we don't do VAR in Scotland (rightly - it's shite) - I'll take Danny Mullen celebrating right down my lens after scoring winner for Dundee at Ibrox today after a similar decision :)
VAR must come to Scotland, mibbie reduce some of the suspicion and doubt , from some of our referee's dubious decisions, on all sides.
You of all people should know about photographic evidence, depending on what colour glasses you wear from Specsavers :LOL::whistle::devilish::ROFLMAO:

davidy233

Tour Rookie
VAR must come to Scotland, mibbie reduce some of the suspicion and doubt , from some of our referee's dubious decisions, on all sides.
You of all people should know about photographic evidence, depending on what colour glasses you wear from Specsavers :LOL::whistle::devilish::ROFLMAO:
Problem is your team and the other side of Glasgow get most decisions - so why would you really want it - Taking football in Scotland out of the equation VAR is horrendous - bad decisions and the game going on is one of the things that makes football compelling. I've been involved with a football club for 20 odd years - managers I've liked have raged about decisions - very occasionally they are right - most of the time it's debatable.

May revise this position after Rangers get a dodgy penalty tomorrow :)

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Problem is your team and the other side of Glasgow get most decisions - so why would you really want it - Taking football in Scotland out of the equation VAR is horrendous - bad decisions and the game going on is one of the things that makes football compelling. I've been involved with a football club for 20 odd years - managers I've liked have raged about decisions - very occasionally they are right - most of the time it's debatable.

May revise this position after Rangers get a dodgy penalty tomorrow :)
Hey! I bet the last penalty at 13/2 happy days.
But If VAR had said it wasn't a penalty so be it, correct decision end of .
The more people checking these iffy decisions the better, the most important thing is getting it fekin right, as much as possible, without delaying play.
It seems to work fine in Tennis and Rugby and golf.:confused::p

Last edited:

davidy233

Tour Rookie
Going to Ibrox or Parkhead is tough if you ain’t a fan of either - it can be brutal both on the pitch and the nasty stuff from the stands - today was OK - because I got to see my son’s mate and a guy I’ve taken portraits and love play exactly as i’d expect - he’d improve 16 of the English prems midfields and he might next season - Fashion was great so was Aribo but Glen Kamara is their best player - nice to be in front of a 50,000 crowd - Rangers media said it was their best performance of the season - Glen Kamara is exceptional and a great guy

FC991BEF-22EE-4681-AD34-75CE9F8C8758.jpeg

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Great picture. I really rate GK, a very industrious player who doesn't have a nasty side at all. Unlike Griffiths who charged about like a fat wild animal and got himself booked with 3 minutes, could have been sent off too.
For me, Aribo is the best player in Scotland.