Scottish Fitba'

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I don't see Davidson being on Hibs list at all - St Johnstone's current form is around the same as Jack's was at Hibs - one win in 8 - Hibs had two wins in nine when they punted Ross.
We are not good at the moment, but think that that can largely put down to losing in January our Captain and defender in chief, plus our best (by far) midfielder…teams like StJ struggle to cope when that happens.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
We are not good at the moment, but think that that can largely put down to losing in January our Captain and defender in chief, plus our best (by far) midfielder…teams like StJ struggle to cope when that happens.
Didn't lose them in January, lost them in August - you'd have won no cups if January was the case - on top of one win in 8 (currently) Saints also went ten games without a competitive win at the start of this season - at any club outside the Old Firm you are getting sacked for that record - I've worked for Saints and like them but that record isn't getting you a Hibs level job

Last edited:

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Didn't lose them in January, lost them in August - you'd have won no cups if January was the case - on top of one win in 8 (currently) Saints also went ten games without a competitive win at the start of this season - at any club outside the Old Firm you are getting sacked for that record - I've worked for Saints and like them but that record isn't getting you a Hibs level job

Think that I'd agree with you there David-but then football management can be be a very cruel mistress, with the bad times sometimes lingering long in the memories of some! While the good times???? Oh, how fickle some are!
Was listening to one of the BT team on the Rangers vs. Lyon game ( we should have won but then I'm maybe ever so slightly biased) and there was a man sitting there who (I think) could do a good job at Hibs--Derek McInnes-and he's available for nowt!
Any thoughts on this?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
But his team are struggling this year too!

It's more about what he achieved last year, not this season after having to sell his best players. Preston also looking at him apparently.

Meanwhile, good results for Celtic and Rangers in Europe last night. Dead rubbers maybe, but will help the coefficient. Wasn't too bothered about watching the Celtic game after a traumatic afternoon at the dentist, but glad i did, the youngsters played really well and it was a very entertaining game. Massive blunder from Ange though in bringing on Kyogo when he was the only fit striker at the club. Sod's law he did a hamstring and is now probably out until next year.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Jeez, my calendar head has gone totally wonky, no idea what made me say January…but as you say…we do stick with our managers as we have expectations appropriate and consistent with the sort of club StJ is…which is of course a double cup winning one…hmmm.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hearts vs. Rangers.....They can't keep up this pace. Can they???
Hearts all over us like a rash!
Don't bloody believe it...Morelos!!!...Right against the run of play-brilliant move and finish.
Our defence needs to get a grip-all over the place
Great game (so far)

FFS 2..what a turn round

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Some game eh?
Really thought Hearts were going to run over us with a fast start but how good were we at soaking it up and gradually taking control?
So many missed chances, but again a big thanks to Allan MacGregor in goal -again a couple of vital saves yet again!!
Gio seems to have brought a new style/way of play-a bit more European??....................Good on the eye and effective,,just need some more finishing;)(y)

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Is that a new world record? 7 minutes ET?

Could be a massive result in securing 2nd place. ?

Game was stopped for 4-5 minutes while Starfelt was treated after getting his nose bust open by a flying elbow. Ref ignored the elbow and booked Starfelt! Then compounded it by sending him off for a second booking. Bizarre is putting it mildly.

Great win in the circumstances, this season is going to go down to the wire imo.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Game was stopped for 4-5 minutes while Starfelt was treated after getting his nose bust open by a flying elbow. Ref ignored the elbow and booked Starfelt! Then compounded it by sending him off for a second booking. Bizarre is putting it mildly.

Great win in the circumstances, this season is going to go down to the wire imo.

Celtic getting bad treatment from the referee, surely not!

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site

Great result for Celtic, they will always play to the final whistle, The Great Escape is on TV every Xmas :whistle::p

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Why stop the game for that length, he should have been treated off the park. The abuse he seemed to be giving the ref suggests he wasn't that injured. His keeper was trying his best to get him to shut up.
2nd booking totally justified.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Why stop the game for that length, he should have been treated off the park. The abuse he seemed to be giving the ref suggests he wasn't that injured. His keeper was trying his best to get him to shut up.
2nd booking totally justified.

Was the blood all over the place not an indication that he was injured? :)

Can understand why he was livid, how could the officials miss the elbow, not as if it was off the ball.

No issue with the second booking.