Scottish Fitba'

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wouldn’t want Hartley, we’ve just got rid of one arrogant arse and definitely don’t need another one! Kenny Miller hasn’t a hope in hell thankfully!

We need either a very experienced manager who knows what this league is all about or an up and coming one who has proven himself to have something about him and that in my mind leads to two men!

John Robertson, if he can be tempted back into football and prized away from Caley!

Or

Stewart Petrie who has worked wonders at Montrose, knows the club, loves the club and is a Pars legend although tempting him away from his job outside football may be difficult.

In my opinion any of these two would also get the full backing of all the fans and hopefully start mending the rift that’s appeared in recent times between fans, the board and management teams and get ourselves moving up that table and back to some sort of respectability.

Otherwise another visit to the seaside league may be in the offing!

I don't mind arrogance when it's backed by actual ability. But as I say above, Hartley has a habit of losing the plot after not long and that is a concern as I'd like the board to try and do something with more long term vision.

The board came in with big promises and a supposed strategy that's been exposed very early on so they need to do something to get that back on track.

I am not convinced either Robbo or Petrie would happen but of the two I'd happily take Robertson. My FIL is good friends with him so will see if I can get any sound bites on it :D

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't mind arrogance when it's backed by actual ability. But as I say above, Hartley has a habit of losing the plot after not long and that is a concern as I'd like the board to try and do something with more long term vision.

The board came in with big promises and a supposed strategy that's been exposed very early on so they need to do something to get that back on track.

I am not convinced either Robbo or Petrie would happen but of the two I'd happily take Robertson. My FIL is good friends with him so will see if I can get any sound bites on it :D

Yeah not convinced we will get either of them either but they’d be my first choices out of the two categories of either experienced or up and coming!

Wouldn’t mind some left field appointment from abroad who comes with no baggage from the Scottish game and a new approach, a bit like Calderwood was at the time!

Just want us avoiding the usual merry go round of Scottish managers who’s names crop up for every job going

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
JR played 5's with us for a few months, a few Caley boys rate him highly.
What about McCann, he did a decent job when JR was on compassionate leave.
Have to get him of the TV first though....

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
JR played 5's with us for a few months, a few Caley boys rate him highly.
What about McCann, he did a decent job when JR was on compassionate leave.
Have to get him of the TV first though....

McCann is a real football man, so I think he would be interested in management again.

Has Barry Ferguson been mentioned?

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Good result for Celtic tonight--could have been a great one though but heyho...*** happens and the young bhoy will learn from a daft mistake!
We were busy playing Santa again before getting back in. Where was Sundays form though??...we just keep blowing hot and cold. BUT better than losing(y):whistle:

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Some game at Tynie yesterday, both sides getting in to it but Hearts showing some classy all over play, especially in finishing power--would love to see them right up there at seasons end and hope they have a strong enough squad to get them there!!
Just watched the Celtic game, tremendous finishes with sharp passing and quick thinking. They certainly look well drilled and on the same page, still a ? at the back??:confused:
WE really need to get our act together and be as consistent for the rest of the season as we were last week against Motherwell! THAT HAS TO BE OUR STANDARD(y)
Just a pity about the moronic, knuckle dragging element who so disgracefully disrespected our fallen...Do these MORONS not have the brains to think that without the fallens sacrifice that these clowns probably wouldn't be able to open their mouths and vent their ignorance/ prejudice?? :poop:heads

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The two Saints of Scottish football played out a less than inspiring 0-0 yesterday, leaving supporters of both teams trying to pretend that it never happened. Yes…it was that grim.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Suppose result's o.k. but what a dreadfully slack goal to give away in last few minutes-abysmal to switch off like that--(n)
Some games, that sort of play is going to hurt us!!--Just hope it doesn't cost us?!!
The game lasts 90+ minutes---NOT 90!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Starting to fret a bit over Friday’s Moldova v Scotland WC qualifier game…me and lad going to be in Hampden next Monday for the Denmark game - the final WC qualifier, and I’m not sure I can take stress of Scotland having to beat Denmark.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Starting to fret a bit over Friday’s Moldova v Scotland WC qualifier game…me and lad going to be in Hampden next Monday for the Denmark game - the final WC qualifier, and I’m not sure I can take stress of Scotland having to beat Denmark.

If we can't beat Moldova, we don't deserve to be in the play-offs.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If we can't beat Moldova, we don't deserve to be in the play-offs.
That is the reality quite often isn't it. I don't just mean for Scotland either. England need 4 points against Albania and San Marino. If they can't get them then they don't deserve to go through. Same for Scotland with Moldova. Teams don't get a bye into a tournament, they have to earn the right. For what it is worth I'm sure you will beat Moldova. Denmark are a different kettle of fish though. Very decent team.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
That is the reality quite often isn't it. I don't just mean for Scotland either. England need 4 points against Albania and San Marino. If they can't get them then they don't deserve to go through. Same for Scotland with Moldova. Teams don't get a bye into a tournament, they have to earn the right. For what it is worth I'm sure you will beat Moldova. Denmark are a different kettle of fish though. Very decent team.
I am more confident that we won’t shoot ourselves in the foot against Moldova than in previous campaigns - but I felt similar prior to the Faroe Islands game…

I hope that we can enjoy the Denmark game on the grounds of simply not having to get a result…and even if we get stuffed…as is quite likely.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I am more confident that we won’t shoot ourselves in the foot against Moldova than in previous campaigns - but I felt similar prior to the Faroe Islands game…

I hope that we can enjoy the Denmark game on the grounds of simply not having to get a result…and even if we get stuffed…as is quite likely.

SILH...and anyone else remotely concerned--My worry is that the team (for all their individual talents-undoubted as some of them are) have been conditioned/brainwashed by the VERY NEGATIVE playing philosophy of Clarke-i.e. don't lose!!
And we know where that 's got us-humped!!
Just let them loose and stop filling their heads with system A(there is no planB in his mindset,it doesn't expand that far,you know-What If??)....
I don't mind losing (lying git),but for pity's sake if you're going down, take some bodies with you-just fight/ land a few of your own(y)
Above all-Gerrintaethem!!!!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
SILH...and anyone else remotely concerned--My worry is that the team (for all their individual talents-undoubted as some of them are) have been conditioned/brainwashed by the VERY NEGATIVE playing philosophy of Clarke-i.e. don't lose!!
And we know where that 's got us-humped!!
Just let them loose and stop filling their heads with system A(there is no planB in his mindset,it doesn't expand that far,you know-What If??)....
I don't mind losing (lying git),but for pity's sake if you're going down, take some bodies with you-just fight/ land a few of your own(y)
Above all-Gerrintaethem!!!!
As the full-throated cry went up from the 30000 in the covered West terrace of Hampden in days past…well that is if there wasn’t a filthy dust/ash/god knows what cloud intent on chocking us.

But as you say…of late we have looked pretty good (ok then…we've looked OK) when we go all out attack from defensive midfield areas, less good when we try and pass the ball carefully between midfield and defence waiting for something to happen.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As the full-throated cry went up from the 30000 in the covered West terrace of Hampden in days past…well that is if there wasn’t a filthy dust/ash/god knows what cloud intent on chocking us.

But as you say…of late we have looked pretty good (ok then…we've looked OK) when we go all out attack from defensive midfield areas, less good when we try and pass the ball carefully between midfield and defence waiting for something to happen.

SILH...Would you perchance be referring to 'The Rangers end:LOL::whistle:??
Seem to have spent a good part of my teens/20's/30's there, before they they seated the place!
Some happy days and nights there( selective memory cut out the bad bits:LOL:)

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Also, here's a couple plus one from way, way out there!!!
Say, just say that S.G. ups sticks in search of the huge transfer chest (and accompanying salary package):cry::cry::poop:!
Who would replace him.....bear with me here----Derek McInnes/ Billy Davies(mad Blue-nose, but been out for a while-but look at Davie Moyes example) OR Paul Lambert(Blue-nose growing up, big Europe experience, good management record against shitty odds/money probs)????
Just a couple........what'dya think????......Straitjacket for Jimbo??
Not big enough names????

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Also, here's a couple plus one from way, way out there!!!
Say, just say that S.G. ups sticks in search of the huge transfer chest (and accompanying salary package):cry::cry::poop:!
Who would replace him.....bear with me here----Derek McInnes/ Billy Davies(mad Blue-nose, but been out for a while-but look at Davie Moyes example) OR Paul Lambert(Blue-nose growing up, big Europe experience, good management record against shitty odds/money probs)????
Just a couple........what'dya think????......Straitjacket for Jimbo??
Not big enough names????
TBH, I think Stevie has done his stint here and can't improve on last year. BTW, Moyes and Lambert aren't a bad shouts FF55(y)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
SILH...Would you perchance be referring to 'The Rangers end:LOL::whistle:??
Seem to have spent a good part of my teens/20's/30's there, before they they seated the place!
Some happy days and nights there( selective memory cut out the bad bits:LOL:)
Of course…and I too spent a lot of time 1973-1983 in Hampden, and mostly in that end, though I did like watching from the North enclosure. We went to all the home internationals over that period, as well as cup semis and finals (as you did). One of the great moments was watched from the Celtic end…as me and my brother - high up on that terrace - were bang in line with Kenny and Clemence as Kenny slotted the ball between Clemence’s legs…chaotic bedlam ensued. What fun ?????????

Last edited: