Scottish Fitba'

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
What?

The Ryan Christie who was rotting in the reserves/on the bench till McInnes took him on loan and developed him playing him week in week out.

Ryan Christie is a success in spite of Celtic.

Granted he did excellent at Aberdeen, i think Inverness can take some credit also for developing him.
I just mean his performances are more 'highlighted' playing for Celtic.
There was a lot of guys i work with gutted when they couldn't get him back at Aberdeen.

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The tv revenue figures are for money going to those leagues, or individual teams in the case of Portugal, though. If people in Switzerland were watching the German leagues rather than their own then why would the broadcaster pay so much to that league? The money would go back to the German league for their rights, not the rights to the Swiss league.

Perhaps I have read the information incorrectly?

To try and be clearer, I wouldn't imagine people in Switzerland have no option but to subscribe to German football in order to watch their own leagues. Thats what happens in Scotland. There is no opportunity for us to subscribe to live Scottish football on tv without receiving English games as well and I would be pretty sure that Sky don't base the amount they pay to Scottish football on the amount of Scottish subscribers they have.

There is also an argument that Scottish football is prepared to accept whatever money Sky deigns to throw at it rather than standing up for its true worth by marketing itself properly, although beggars can't be choosers.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Aberdeen were absolutely rotten last night, let themselves and the fans down. That said the Croatians were clearly a better team.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Aberdeen were absolutely rotten last night, let themselves and the fans down. That said the Croatians were clearly a better team.

Unfortunately I was there!

Horrendous performance, as bad as I've seen since the dark old days of Skovdahl :eek:

They were a decent side (nowhere near as good as we made them look right enough) and even if we had played well may not have won but it was a pathetic effort

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Unfortunately I was there!

Horrendous performance, as bad as I've seen since the dark old days of Skovdahl :eek:

They were a decent side (nowhere near as good as we made them look right enough) and even if we had played well may not have won but it was a pathetic effort

He's too predictable is McInnes. 4-5-1 every bloody game. At times he tries to claim/dress it up as 4-3-3 but it's ultimately a 4-5-1!

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
He's too predictable is McInnes. 4-5-1 every bloody game. At times he tries to claim/dress it up as 4-3-3 but it's ultimately a 4-5-1!

Yep I'm not a huge fan of his, the set up of the team from the start last night (before red card gave him an excuse) was a nonsense given we needed to score at least 3. Cosgrove was completely on his own, wide players in the "apparent" 4-3-3 were nowhere near him. Was very poor and predictable stuff from us sadly, nobody was at it though goals were very easy for them, even Lewis was poor for both.

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
So the bookies got it wrong for a change with the Old Firm prices.

Coundn't see rangers doing it myself and wish I had made a trip to the bookies. At least both sides have still got European football to look forward to.

And at least Ayr Utd going well again with a 3-2 win at the weekend. Mon the wee teams!

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Impressed with Gerrard’s attitude towards Jones, good to hear a manager come out and say what he really means.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Gerrard has certainly been impressive as a manager.
Not too many good players become good managers on their first gig.
Rangers will do well to hold onto him.

Wondering how he is enjoying the jovial banter and gay badinage between Rangers and Celtic supporters - and whether he quite realised how close to the surface sectarian bigotry tensions are in Glasgow - as we saw surface out of the football grounds Friday-last in Govan. And why he has to be very careful about what he says about Celtic and their fans.

Shameful and a complete disgrace to Scotland and exactly why my parents did not let me support either team when growing up in central Glasgow in the 1960s - and why I follow a wee team - St Johnstone. Nearly 60 yrs on and it is still there. I wish I was surprised but I am not.

And as the coaches headed back down the Ayr Road to Stranraer on Sunday - Oh Northern Ireland I do worry for you :(

Meanwhile Saints lose to Killie...ah well. Such is the cross that supporters of the smaller teams have to carry...

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wondering how he is enjoying the jovial banter and gay badinage between Rangers and Celtic supporters - and whether he quite realised how close to the surface sectarian bigotry tensions are in Glasgow - as we saw surface out of the football grounds Friday-last in Govan. And why he has to be very careful about what he says about Celtic and their fans.

Shameful and a complete disgrace to Scotland and exactly why my parents did not let me support either team when growing up in central Glasgow in the 1960s - and why I follow a wee team - St Johnstone. Nearly 60 yrs on and it is still there. I wish I was surprised but I am not.

And as the coaches headed back down the Ayr Road to Stranraer on Sunday - Oh Northern Ireland I do worry for you :(

Meanwhile Saints lose to Killie...ah well. Such is the cross that supporters of the smaller teams have to carry...

It was a clash between so called Republicans and so called Loyalists in Govan, not Celtic and Rangers fans. There was no connection to a football stadium, there was no game on Friday night.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

It'll never change while the Old Firm Football Association bury their head in the sands and poop themselves to do anything about it. It's amazing how Sevco have been given sanctions twice in Europe due to sectarian singing yet the Old Firm Football Association can't hear it or choose to continually ignore it.

When the problem lies at the core of the body who are supposed to be running the game then it will never change.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It was a clash between so called Republicans and so called Loyalists in Govan, not Celtic and Rangers fans. There was no connection to a football stadium, there was no game on Friday night.

Yes I know and you make the point exactly - Loyalist and republicans - and to suggest that the same issues do not infect the main Glasgow teams - or that Celtic/Republicans and Rangers/Loyalists are not linked is a bit disingenuous. Not all Celtic Supporters are Republicans and not all Rangers Supporters are Loyalists - but the inverse in both case cannot really be denied. The seething sectarian bigotry may not be as visible in the stadiums these days - but as Friday night showed it is still there in Glasgow.