Scottish Fitba'

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Ultimately it was small margins in the two most important games for Scotland. But lack of quality in most areas shows at this level and Scotland lack quality.
I wouldn't be to hard on Clarke and the players with the quality available qualifying is the achievement. And they've given a couple of hundred thousand of the Tartan Army a good week away.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Tactically we were woeful tonight. Ultra cautious for 80 odd minutes, then throw on a load of subs, players playing out of position, go totally gung-ho for the last ten minutes. Gave up any attempt at building from the back, our main tactic was a big hoof up the park from Gunn and hope something will happen.

The penalty decision apart, we got exactly what we deserved.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Bit odd this zero shots as I’m sure McGinn had one in the first half after cutting in from the right. Goalie saved it right enough, and easy enough. As far as the pen…well if we don’t create enough chances lady luck just doesn’t have a chance to balance things out…that’s just stats.

Was disappointed that Shankland wasn’t brought on much earlier…nothing was happening despite all of the effort Adams put in, and sure enough when he was brought on things immediately looked different.

Anyway. No real surprises but usual disappointment at not being able to break the mould of early exit. 😟

And all of that after me and my Mrs yesterday pm driving from Coventry to sit in a pub in Giffnock to watch the game…ah well…she was impressed by the noise made around the pen claim…😍

Last edited:

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Watching Georgia pump Portugal just now and it got me thinking. Georgia have a really decent forward that's a threat. How far back do us Scots have to go to find a really good attacking player? Is it Dalglish? Even he only scored about one every three at international level.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Fixtures are out.

Rangers have two home games in August, but unlikely to be able to host them. Murrayfield and Hampden have been mooted, but apparently there are issues with both. Could get interesting.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Fixtures are out.

Rangers have two home games in August, but unlikely to be able to host them. Murrayfield and Hampden have been mooted, but apparently there are issues with both. Could get interesting.
Didn't Celtic have a whole season at Hampden? Shouldn't be an issue at all.