Scottish Fitba'

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
have you actually watched both incidents?

If so, on a scale of 1-10, how much force do you think both players are hit with?

if two players throw a punch at another 2 players it matters not if one punch connects and the other doesn't

Both are doing the splits (almost identical) & have studs very high at a players head as all four go for the ball/s, that's dangerous play (I thought) whether it connects or not (I could well be wrong and maybe its only extent of injury that determines card colour) luckily neither appears to have been seriously hurt but I doubt player skill played much of a part in that

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Said it before, you simply cannot have your foot that high whilst looking straight at the player. Whether it connects or not is a matter of fractions and luck, it's still a dangerous move. How much "force" does it take with two players moving towards each other to A) hurt the player and B) become a sending off. Having taken studs to the side of the head (and once in the back), I can say it didn't take a lot of force to draw blood and hurt like a mofo.

Celtic player was silly for doing it, the only mitigation for me would be if he was following a ball over his shoulder and was trying to bring it down whilst not seeing the player coming in. But even then, it's dicey. Again, looking right at the player and still choosing to go high to "trap" a ball (how does one trap a ball at head height by the way?) is just plain stupid.

Certainly don't expect Celtic fans to agree with that when there is whatabootery to throw in the mix, but then that's not a surprise. Never defeated and all that.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Said it before, you simply cannot have your foot that high whilst looking straight at the player. Whether it connects or not is a matter of fractions and luck, it's still a dangerous move. How much "force" does it take with two players moving towards each other to A) hurt the player and B) become a sending off. Having taken studs to the side of the head (and once in the back), I can say it didn't take a lot of force to draw blood and hurt like a mofo.

Celtic player was silly for doing it, the only mitigation for me would be if he was following a ball over his shoulder and was trying to bring it down whilst not seeing the player coming in. But even then, it's dicey. Again, looking right at the player and still choosing to go high to "trap" a ball (how does one trap a ball at head height by the way?) is just plain stupid.

Certainly don't expect Celtic fans to agree with that when there is whatabootery to throw in the mix, but then that's not a surprise. Never defeated and all that.
I think he was trying to knock it over Cochrane's head. I agree it was silly/stupid and didn't have an issue with the original yellow card.

Tbh, the "handball" penalty was a far worse decision, totally ludicrous. Beaton had an atrocious afternoon, not for the first time.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
The 2 penalties were absolute shockers, especially the penalty.
The high foot was a red all day long, you wouldn’t even get away with that in the Highland League 😂😂

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think he was trying to knock it over Cochrane's head. I agree it was silly/stupid and didn't have an issue with the original yellow card.

Tbh, the "handball" penalty was a far worse decision, totally ludicrous. Beaton had an atrocious afternoon, not for the first time.

And I think this is where partisanship steps in. Many see the yellow as being the wrong call for the offence. You don’t try to lob an opponent with your foot that high when you are facing the player, anyone that’s played the game knows that.

The penalty was a joke, when You get pushed your arms go out to regain balance, what else was he supposed to do?

Beaton isn’t alone in poor standards, Robertson is turning in to the Scottish Clattenburg quite quickly.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Who did Beaton agree with? He told Robertson he was wrong for not giving 2 ridiculous penalties and for giving Yang a yellow.
From what I see by watching games, refs are making cautious decisions knowing VAR will not have to make a split second decision.
Makes sense to me.

Celtic have received the most penalties and conceded the least. No sendings off before this weekend. Nothing to moan about really.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yang red card appeal thrown out. No surprise there. Right or wrong, the football authorities cannot admit they were wrong.
I'd be shocked if any decision where VAR was involved was overturned.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Heading to the Bellslea tonight to watch Fraserburgh vs Buckie Thistle in the Aberdeenshire Cup Semi Final, should be a decent game, blowing a hoolie though 😂😂

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Cracking result away from Home, really didn't expect to get a point and it could so easily of been a win.
Rangers just seem to turn up in Europe these days, still not an easy game at Ibrox.