Scottish Fitba'

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Penalty against Rangers a couple of weeks ago. Remember to reset your counter.😉
In a cup game when they were 3-0 up with a few minutes to go. Funny that.

While we are on the subject, this quote from the start of this season made me laugh.

"John Beaton says Rangers' 55 game-long run without conceding a penalty in the Premiership is an "anomaly" that can't be explained.

The SFA referee was quizzed on the statistic that has many fans raising their eyebrows ahead of the new top-flight season kicking off on Saturday. The record stretches back to the 2021/22 campaign but Beaton insists that it is impossible to decipher why it has happened and regardless, referees will only discuss penalty incidents on an individual basis and not as a collective."

Some would say there is a very obvious explanation!

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
The hatred of the tinfoil hat brigade is quite worrying. 😜

Credit the superb discipline of the rangers defence! If Aberdeen could do likewise they’d have got 3 points on Sunday.
Not hatred at all, just pointing out a very strange anomaly in football. Do you genuinely think that no Rangers players has committed a penalty offence of any description in the last two league seasons?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not hatred at all, just pointing out a very strange anomaly in football. Do you genuinely think that no Rangers players has committed a penalty offence of any description in the last two league seasons?
Out of interest how many penalties did both Rangers and Celtic get and concede in the last 5 seasons .

Last edited:

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Of course not, otherwise there would have been penalties given against. 😇

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
From last season, when Celtic won the league at a canter, not that you'd guess it

1701154562858.png
Another remarkable stat, the last time Rangers conceded a penalty at Ibrox was more than 4 years ago - September 19, 2019.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
I think a more interesting discussion would be to look at incidents you think should have been penalties that weren’t given? At the moment all I’m seeing is a big ball of paranoia.
You don't have to go too far back. Sunday Goldson elbows an Aberdeen player inside the box.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not a penalty but......
1] Rangers player passes back to his goalie in the box.
2]Free kick awarded on the edge of the box, foul committed 10 yards back.

Both witnessed by thousands.

Nothing to see here folks, play on.

Last edited:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
According to the Scottish Sun over the previous 5 seasons
Rangers have been awarded 41 penalties and conceded 17.
Celtic were awarded 36 penalties and conceded 18.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
According to the Scottish Sun over the previous 5 seasons
Rangers have been awarded 41 penalties and conceded 17.
Celtic were awarded 36 penalties and conceded 18.
I assume you are talking about this 2 year old article?

No-one here is talking about what happened 6 or 7 years ago.

If you really want to talk about the last 5 seasons, Celtic were awarded 32 and conceded 21, while Rangers were awarded 47 and conceded 7.

Over the last 3 seasons (the period we have been talking about up till now) Celtic were awarded 21 and conceded 14 while Rangers were awarded 26 and conceded 3.

Pretty unusual stats given Rangers only won the league once during the above periods.

The real stats can be found here

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I assume you are talking about this 2 year old article?

No-one here is talking about what happened 6 or 7 years ago.

If you really want to talk about the last 5 seasons, Celtic were awarded 32 and conceded 21, while Rangers were awarded 47 and conceded 7.

Over the last 3 seasons (the period we have been talking about up till now) Celtic were awarded 21 and conceded 14 while Rangers were awarded 26 and conceded 3.

Pretty unusual stats given Rangers only won the league once during the above periods.

The real stats can be found here

Long may it continue.

MACM85

Visit site
Celtic team tonight looks really weak. Can see it being a long and painful evening. Still, at least we've got £70m in the bank :(

As much as I like Forrest and what he has done in the past. I just don't see a player there anymore who can offer anything of note. Just runs into players and passes it back. Pace has gone from him.

I hope we don't have another drubbing and they put a shift in and get something out of the game