Scottish Fitba'

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Surely if Aberdeen up their game to play Rangers then Rangers should up their game to play Aberdeen.
It's the underdog scenario. Rangers don't see Aberdeen as a serious threat, over a season, and so for them it's just another game. For Aberdeen it's a chance to take down a bigger target.

One for the sports psychologists 🤷🏻‍♂️

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
So, do Aberdeen try more against Rangers than Celtic?
That's how it appears to most Rangers fans.
Maybe Rangers aren’t as good as Celtic so Aberdeen are more likely to get a result against them?

They are professionals, it’s nonsense to suggest they try harder against certain teams. Do Motherwell try harder against Celtic?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
No, Celtic were poor.
In the last 2 M/well v Celtic games M/well seem to have found a way to defend against Celtic. In the previous game it took Celtic 97 minutes to score for a draw, then yesterday it took Celtic 2 penalties to get another draw but sadly Rangers couldn't capitalise today.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Maybe Rangers aren’t as good as Celtic so Aberdeen are more likely to get a result against them?

They are professionals, it’s nonsense to suggest they try harder against certain teams. Do Motherwell try harder against Celtic?
Talking purely football, forgetting the opposition for a moment and having watched both games, Aberdeen's application levels, organisation and willingness to shut down space quickly was far greater today than a fortnight ago.

Whether that equates to "trying harder" or not, I'll leave that up to you, but as a Celtic fan you'll already have your own internal bias on it. But, objectively (as I have no care either way) and looking purely on footballing terms, there was a marked difference. As I said earlier, Aberdeen show that organisation and application at Celtic and they probably lose, but not by 6.

I don't think there is any debate presently that Celtic ARE better than Rangers, but independently of that is how teams set up against each respective sister.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
To me it just looks like tactics.
Aberdeen set up for a draw against Celtic and a win against Rangers, they should have been 2 up after 15 mins.
Rangers best player was their goalie.

If I remember correctly the Celtic goalie had an afternoon off when they played.

Last edited:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
In the last 2 M/well v Celtic games M/well seem to have found a way to defend against Celtic. In the previous game it took Celtic 97 minutes to score for a draw, then yesterday it took Celtic 2 penalties to get another draw but sadly Rangers couldn't capitalise today.
Celtic actually beat Motherwell in the previous game you referred to. Rangers had to rely on a 94th minute penalty to get a draw yesterday.

Talking of which, how come Goldson falls forward after being pulled back? And what about Lammers blocking the defender who then pulls Goldson's shirt? Not surprised Robson was raging.

Going back to Motherwell, all they did was get 11 men behind the ball. Rodgers is obsessed with keeping possession which is all well and good, but not when it gets ponderous with everything going sideways. If we don't get an early goal which forces the opposition to come out their shell, it is a struggle. We've seen the exact same thing twice already with 0-0 draws with St Mirren and Hibs. That's six points dropped now from games we totally dominated.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
So I don’t think it was a penalty, at all.

But, have someone hold your jersey and try and run forward, see what way your body goes and then once let go, see what happens.

I don’t think some of you have actually played football. Talk a good game. I’ve fallen forward after a shirt pull more times than I’ve fallen backwards, mainly because I was (in 90% of cases) trying to run forward. So my body was forward, I’ll bet if you were to run forward the first thing you do is move your torso forward ahead of your hips/legs (unless you all run forward leaning backwards like some keystone cop type routine, of course)

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site

But, have someone hold your jersey and try and run forward, see what way your body goes and then once let go, see what happens.

I don’t think some of you have actually played football. Talk a good game. I’ve fallen forward after a shirt pull more times than I’ve fallen backwards, mainly because I was (in 90% of cases) trying to run forward. So my body was forward, I’ll bet if you were to run forward the first thing you do is move your torso forward ahead of your hips/legs (unless you all run forward leaning backwards like some keystone cop type routine, of course)
Your saying it’s not a penalty, but in your next sentence you are saying he’s got hold of his shirt, you just can’t get away with it these days, defender was incredibly stupid in my opinion.
Barry is a pal of mine and to say he’s not happy would be an understatement 😂😂

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

If you watch it, he breaks free of the defender's grip, runs a couple of paces, then falls over like he's been shot.

Exactly the same thing happened in the last minute against Hearts at Ibrox, Hearts 1-0 up, Lundstrum blocks Haring, Haring panics and grabs Goldson, who collapses like a pack of cards. Do they actually practice that move in training?