Scottish Fitba'

MACM85

Visit site
Apparently Clements shouted instructions to Cantwell to track back and do what was asked.

He never did it and was hooked off. Rangers fans moaning that it should have been Lammers off for McCausland. However if a player isn't sticking to the team plan then why keep him on?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Didn't see it as was at the pictures, but heard Cantwell was hooked after 30 mins as the manager was raging at him? That right?
For some inexplicable reason I watched this (and the Aberdeen game). Cantwell was replaced on 35 minutes, can't see any evidence the manager was raging, if anything he looked quite passive about the whole thing. Cantwell lost possession, but wasn't at fault for the goal. Simple ball over the top, quick forward but still two central defenders that should have mopped it up. But like against Aberdeen, the defence has no pace and was brutally exposed by that.

Billy is probably spot on, there were offenders way worse than Cantwell that should have been hooked. Lammers, jebus h christ on a bike... €4m, really? He is totally out of his depth, only think you can be sure of when he gets the ball is that's the move broken down. Danillo, again waste of space. Cifuentes... Erm, I've played withpub players with more vision.

Now, saying that and based on the last two games (that I've watched and especially last night) IF, and it's a big IF due to the recruitment myopia, if they get someone that can actually finish a ball, then they WILL score more. They created a load of openings last night that a finisher would/could have worked with. Instead, once the ball was in the box, Danillo was sure to make a Jeremy of it.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Apparently Clements shouted instructions to Cantwell to track back and do what was asked.

He never did it and was hooked off. Rangers fans moaning that it should have been Lammers off for McCausland. However if a player isn't sticking to the team plan then why keep him on?
In this instance, I think they are right on Lammers. He is awful.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Haven't seen much of Danilo, but what I have seen, he looked decent. Certainly better than Dessers.
I think that's good comparative reasoning. Certainly better than Dessers (who is awful), bit certainly no-where near what I'd class as a good striker. Colak was a much better goal getter but they decided to ship him out for some odd reason.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't want to be too optimistic but none of them fill me with dread. Germany have been honking for about a year, Switzerland are very beatable (and we have recently). Hungary are the only real unknown quantity in there.

Think we can do something this time round.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Don't want to be too optimistic but none of them fill me with dread. Germany have been honking for about a year, Switzerland are very beatable (and we have recently). Hungary are the only real unknown quantity in there.

Think we can do something this time round.
Germany will not be "honking" in their home tournament. No chance.
Winners will be Germany, France or (my second team 🤣) England.