Scottish Fitba'

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes, not good enough but PSV are a class outfit.
Wasn't Dessers that conceded all those goals though was it?
Dessers is a striker not a defender so of course he didn’t. He has been guilty of being found wanting when it’s time to his job time and again.
He was signed to score goals, he doesn’t. He’s slow and lacks basic composure.

PSV are decent but not a great team, far stronger than Rangers but shouldn’t be.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Dessers is a striker not a defender so of course he didn’t. He has been guilty of being found wanting when it’s time to his job time and again.
He was signed to score goals, he doesn’t. He’s slow and lacks basic composure.

PSV are decent but not a great team, far stronger than Rangers but shouldn’t be.
Why is that? Their squad is far more valuable than Rangers. They play in a better league. They even got a weekend off to prepare for the match.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why is that? Their squad is far more valuable than Rangers. They play in a better league. They even got a weekend off to prepare for the match.
The Dutch league is not as strong as you seem to think. Do you watch any Eredivise? Up until a couple of years ago, they have been a two horse race, no more competitive than the SPFL. Feynoord's re-emergence has upset that applecart but not by any great degree of competition (coupled with Ajax's cyclic drop off).

Squad value means little, look at Chelsea, Man Unt and the like.

Do you watch the Rangers games? Are you seeing these problems in the whole and not in highlights (which mask a lot of them)? They have width and seldom use it, they have a strong midfield engine but no outlets, having no meaningful strike-force means they are, once again, relying on Tavernier to score goals.

They have spent a small fortune (£6m for Danilo that was a bit part player for Feynoord, they are laughing right now).

Be objective, are you NOT seeing these issues at a footballing level?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
That’s an absolute doing the Rangers have taken tonight.

Same problems as first game of the season. Signings not good enough, Dessers is a waste of space.
Agreed, well outclassed tonight. Rangers defence has been poor for years, especially against quick passing teams.
I'm still not convinced either with the new so called strikers. Lundstrom, Souter, are too slow Barasic is too predictable, Travenier is a good player but never going to be a defender.
But I think Rangers will win on Sunday

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Agreed, well outclassed tonight. Rangers defence has been poor for years, especially against quick passing teams.
I'm still not convinced either the new so called strikers. Lundstrom, Souter, are too slow Barasic, Travenier is a good player but never going to be a defender.
They do have a great chance on Sunday and are definitely strong favourites. They have to get over the habit of choking in games that matter.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm still not convinced either with the new so called strikers. Lundstrom, Souter, are too slow Barasic, Travenier is a good player but never going to be a defender.
The weakness that is evident that doesn't seem to be being addressed is dead ball scenarios. Open play defending can be a bit harum, but overall they get the ball away.

They have built a fast passing, movement based midfield that has nowhere to go once it gets the ball in to the final third. €15m on three centre forwards that neither one look like they know what they are there for.

Sunday, best you can hope for is a plucky draw I'm afraid.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Dutch league is not as strong as you seem to think. Do you watch any Eredivise? Up until a couple of years ago, they have been a two horse race, no more competitive than the SPFL. Feynoord's re-emergence has upset that applecart but not by any great degree of competition (coupled with Ajax's cyclic drop off).

Squad value means little, look at Chelsea, Man Unt and the like.

Do you watch the Rangers games? Are you seeing these problems in the whole and not in highlights (which mask a lot of them)? They have width and seldom use it, they have a strong midfield engine but no outlets, having no meaningful strike-force means they are, once again, relying on Tavernier to score goals.

They have spent a small fortune (£6m for Danilo that was a bit part player for Feynoord, they are laughing right now).

Be objective, are you NOT seeing these issues at a footballing level?
No, I don't watch football from the Netherlands on a regular basis.
But, it is clear to see that they have highly skilled footballers, some of whom have sold for big money and there may be others who attract interest.
What Rangers have paid is nothing in the grand scheme of things.
Yes, I watch Rangers games when I can. Absolutely not where I want them to be but the money they are spending is nothing in footballing terms. Jota went for £25million and immediately put on loan.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
No, I don't watch football from the Netherlands on a regular basis.
But, it is clear to see that they have highly skilled footballers, some of whom have sold for big money and there may be others who attract interest.
What Rangers have paid is nothing in the grand scheme of things.
Yes, I watch Rangers games when I can. Absolutely not where I want them to be but the money they are spending is nothing in footballing terms. Jota went for £25million and immediately put on loan.
Like any league, some players are sold for good money, they Eredivise is no different. But more players will leave on low fees or free transfers than there are big money.

Maybe you should watch more football from the continent to understand it better.

€15m on three players is hardly chicken feed in relative terms.

I get it, you don’t like to hear criticism of your team, but can you honestly say that the €15m has been wisely spent on three strikers that look a bit clueless when it’s time to do their job?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Like any league, some players are sold for good money, they Eredivise is no different. But more players will leave on low fees or free transfers than there are big money.

Maybe you should watch more football from the continent to understand it better.

€15m on three players is hardly chicken feed in relative terms.

I get it, you don’t like to hear criticism of your team, but can you honestly say that the €15m has been wisely spent on three strikers that look a bit clueless when it’s time to do their job?
It's not like none of them have scored or provided an assist. We got to the playoff in the UCL, some level of success at least.

How high is your horse exactly?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's not like none of them have scored or provided an assist. We got to the playoff in the UCL, some level of success at least.

How high is your horse exactly?
My horse is not high at all, mirrors and glass houses here.

By your logic, squad values and league quality, you should have mangled Greenock but struggled.

By squad value, you should have mullered Killie and Ross County. One defeat and one laboured win.

If reaching a playoff for a place in the UCL and getting thumped is success to Rangers fans these days then it is changed times indeed.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site

By your logic, squad values and league quality, you should have mangled Greenock but struggled.

By squad value, you should have mullered Killie and Ross County. One defeat and one laboured win.

If reaching a playoff for a place in the UCL and getting thumped is success to Rangers fans these days then it is changed times indeed.
Behave children lol

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

A few games in to the league with a huge (too many) amount of new players. Yes, a struggle, but season is hardly over.
I don't have huge expectations. If Rangers challenge for the league and win something this year then progress has been made.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Impressive… stats telling a whole story.

I get the impression you haven’t watched many games, especially tonight.

His movement, awareness and touch were breathtaking.
Where did I say it was impressive. I did watch tonight. He, like the team in general, were poor.
Goalie is a good signing. 🤣

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
A few games in to the league with a huge (too many) amount of new players. Yes, a struggle, but season is hardly over.
I don't have huge expectations. If Rangers challenge for the league and win something this year then progress has been made.
Fair enough. Very different to pretty much every Rangers supporter I know or have met down the years.

Must not be the club I remember anymore.