Scottish Fitba'

Springveldt

Visit site
Well after the Celtic result it seems that at least one Rangers fan is just a wee bit upset with Beale…and Barry Ferguson…🤣

I think it's safe to say that Derek was raging. They turned him down, "naw, keep him on", "he is still on" and when they put the volume back up he was still going strong, he must have been there just venting into the void. :ROFLMAO:

I thought Scales looked tidy on the ball for Celtic, once CCV comes back I think Scales could be a good player for us in the league. He's comfortable on the ball and can pass it well. Lagerbielke was a bombscare, got that Effy Ambrose/Boyata vibe from him if I'm being honest.

Worryingly for Rangers I think Celtic will only get better and they have Champions League money coming in again. If Rodgers continues to play this same style then a new LB is going to be needed as Taylor doesn't have the pace or passing to play the traditional overlapping fullback role that Rodgers wants and Bernabei just ain't it either. Turnbull was an empty shirt during the game as well, hopefully Hatate gets fit sooner rather than later.

Poor game overall from 2 poor teams. I fear a 6 defeat Champions League run coming up for us.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Just back from golf and caught the end of the first half.
England just too good for Scotland?

It’s an interesting midfield battle Ken. I thought Scotland would have the edge there, hence dictating the play a little more. I fancied Scotland for 2-0

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No comments on this week's footy???
I didn't see any games I'm afraid.
On the scores, I'm happy that Rangers won, stats suggest a very close game. Celtic and Aberdeen results were as expected.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
No comments on this week's footy???
I didn't see any games I'm afraid.
On the scores, I'm happy that Rangers won, stats suggest a very close game. Celtic and Aberdeen results were as expected.
Rangers played well in the second half and more than deserved the 3 points in the end.
Aberdeen also played well, could of sneaked an equaliser in the last minutes, but wasn't to be, they should take confidence going forward in Europe as Frankfurt are the best team in the group.
Never seen the Celtic game but every Champions league game is hard and they were down to 9 men for part of the game which makes it impossible to get anything.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
As Brian said Rangers played well the 2nd half and just about deserved the 3 points at home against a good team and it'll be difficult playing them away.
Celtic had a few chances but result could've been worse Hart saved a poor penalty plus a few near misses.
The 2 red cards came late in the 2nd half so they'll be 2 players suspended for the Madrid game.

Last edited:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
As Brian said Rangers played well the 2nd half and just about deserved the 3 points at home against a good team and it'll be difficult playing them away.
Celtic had a few chances but result could've been worse Hart saved a poor penalty plus a few near misses.
The 2 red cards came late in the 2nd half so they'll be 2 players suspended for the Madrid game.
63rd and 68th minute when the score was 1-0. Not exactly “late in the 2nd half”. Penalty and first red were very soft. 2nd red totally justified. Pity as they were well in the game until then.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
63rd and 68th minute when the score was 1-0. Not exactly “late in the 2nd half”. Penalty and first red were very soft. 2nd red totally justified. Pity as they were well in the game until then.
Will need to check it out. Not like Celtic to get decisions going against them. 🤔

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
early days, but it does look like this could be the season you go down.
And without an owner the club could go into a death spiral…it has happened before…in 1986 we were rock bottom of the Scottish leagues, on the verge of dropping out of the top league structure altogether and of bankruptcy 🫣 Then Geoff Brown stepped in and rescued the club. The Browns have now stood aside.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Jim Forrest dies age 79. Another great player from the 1960s leaves us.

One of these players that I feel I can see in my minds eye his picture on the cards we used to collect and swap as kids all those days ago. Just his name stirs positive nostalgia in me. Thankyou sir.🙏🏻

Last edited: