Scottish Fitba'

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Where did I say it was impressive. I did watch tonight. He, like the team in general, were poor.
Goalie is a good signing. šŸ¤£
So you saw the poor movement, the clear cut opportunity going begging, the lack of outlet for his midfield?

I agree on that, Butland is a very decent keeper and to get him on a free was, indeed, shrewd business.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Why are Rangers string favourites for Sunday?
I still see them as underdogs to Celtic.
I think home advantage and Celtic are struggling big time at the back. Both first choice CB out injured. First choice right back just coming back after a long lay off.
Add to that the team are still transitioning between systems with the change of manager. If Celtic get out with a draw I would be more than happy.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I think home advantage and Celtic are struggling big time at the back. Both first choice CB out injured. First choice right back just coming back after a long lay off.
Add to that the team are still transitioning between systems with the change of manager. If Celtic get out with a draw I would be more than happy.
Best attacking midfielder also out injured, and missing Jota and Mooy badly. Celtic have been dreadful in their last two matches, not sure what system Rodgers is trying to play but it's not working.

Before last night, I would have given them no chance on Sunday, but Rangers were atrocious. It could have been 8 or 9 if it wasn't for Butland. And let's not pretend PSV are world beaters. They are a decent team, nothing more, nothing less. Rangers should have been more than capable of holding their own against them.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Football wise, Rangers werenā€™t terrible for large spells of the game playing away from home, but once PSV got the 3rd, the mentality of the team was nothing short of atrocious, the way they crumbled would be the biggest concern right now.
Two poor teams going into Sundays game, it will depend on which team turns up šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Football wise, Rangers werenā€™t terrible for large spells of the game playing away from home, but once PSV got the 3rd, the mentality of the team was nothing short of atrocious, the way they crumbled would be the biggest concern right now.
Two poor teams going into Sundays game, it will depend on which team turns up šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Wonder if some of the ā€™outsidersā€™ really understand the expectations of Rangers supporters and what is required of themā€¦not simply in the context of one match but in comparison with the Eastenders and the clubā€˜s past.

And not sure how Bealeā€™s ā€œā€¦game has come too soon for this teamā€ will go down with the Rangers support.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Happy with that Champions League draw for Celtic. Won't qualify but some of the other groups were terrifying. What about that group Newcastle are in.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Watched the highlights now, and Butland kept the score just about the respectable side of totally embarrassing. Wondering if itā€™s what he was expecting from his European adventures with Rangers, but Iā€™m sure he didnā€™t expect to have Goldson passing the ball past him into the next šŸ™„

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Jotters for Beale?

Losing at home to a Celtic team with both first choice CHs out, and both first choice full backs off injured. If Celtic had been more clinical it could have been a lot worse.

Some goal from Kyogo right enough.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not seen it. How about the chopped off goals?

Beale will get to Xmas. Not looking good at the moment.
First one clearly offside, second one was a foul, VAR got both right.

Telling stat - Rangers didnā€™t have a shot on target until the 85th minute. Lots of unhappy bears booing their team off at the end.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
First one clearly offside, second one was a foul, VAR got both right.

Telling stat - Rangers didnā€™t have a shot on target until the 85th minute. Lots of unhappy bears booing their team off at the end.
Not surprised!
Should have kept Fashion (gives 100%) and Colak (can finish). Signings look poor overall.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not surprised!
Should have kept Fashion (gives 100%) and Colak (can finish). Signings look poor overall.
Kris Boyd not holding back ā€œRangers were embarrassed by a Celtic team with 5 players outā€.

Agree re the signings, Dressers as slow as a week in jail, Danilo also looks nothing like a Ā£6m striker.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not seen it. How about the chopped off goals?

Beale will get to Xmas. Not looking good at the moment.
Entertaining game though, both sides are not as bad as their fans seem to make out.
Celtic missed about three sitters and Rangers were unlucky with the two [rightly] chalked off goals.
Certainly a better watch than Hearts v POAK [or is it PAOK] :LOL:

OT...things you never think you would hear.........the Ryder Cup man from Oban. (y)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had the misfortune of watching the Rangers game as there was bugger all else on. What an absolute load of dross masquerading as top flight football. The Dunfermline game against Airdrie featured more quality.

Rangers will find themselves felt up a few times this season and the league is Celtic's, even at this unbelievably early stage. Their recruitment appears to have been shocking.
Their new "main man" Dessers is as slow as a week in jail, three times he had yards on defenders and should have been through but was caught far too easily (reminded me of that Swiss lad they had a couple of seasons ago, probably a decent finisher but was far too slow) Lammers looks like he doesn't know how or where he is supposed to be playing and Danilo had about 4 touches in the 20 or so minutes he was on the pitch.

The only one that looked reasonable (and I use that loosely) was Sima, who had a bit of energy about him but far too many times made poor decisions and his distribution was awful.

Killie though... Jesus, I've heard of parking the bus but that was ridiculous. But for them having a couple of rapid wingers that could get out on the break, I doubt they would have left their own half.
Eye-bleedingly bad to watch. MacInnes should be at least a little ashamed of that set up, basically an 9 man defence.
I called all of this out after the Killie game and was dismissed. And then called Dessers and Danilo out again wand was dismissed.

Pointing out that gelling of a team wonā€™t make a striker have better composure or more speed.

The recruitment has been shocking and Beale must carry the can for that.

Celtic have a few issues too after selling but not really replacing but, year on year, it seems to affect them less as they have decent depth in the squad.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Couldn't believe that Celtic would come away with three points from that game. Think the league is won already. Celtic will only get stronger and will definitely spend in January with the Champions league money.
Might just be the double this season. It's a hard life being a Celtic fan.šŸ˜†

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Couldn't believe that Celtic would come away with three points from that game. Think the league is won already. Celtic will only get stronger and will definitely spend in January with the Champions league money.
Might just be the double this season. It's a hard life being a Celtic fan.šŸ˜†
Some Celtic fans are so arrogant. šŸ¤£

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Loving that St Johnstoneā€˜s young Ukrainian late double scorer against Dundee MaxK started at the gloriously named DYuSSh-15 Kyiv šŸ„“

Hopefully heā€™ll stay with Saints awhile and does a job for the team. They need it as they were awful until the
last 15 minutes and v lucky to get a draw against a more than half decent Dundee team.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I called all of this out after the Killie game and was dismissed. And then called Dessers and Danilo out again wand was dismissed.

Pointing out that gelling of a team wonā€™t make a striker have better composure or more speed.

The recruitment has been shocking and Beale must carry the can for that.

Celtic have a few issues too after selling but not really replacing but, year on year, it seems to affect them less as they have decent depth in the squad.
Well after the Celtic result it seems that at least one Rangers fan is just a wee bit upset with Bealeā€¦and Barry Fergusonā€¦šŸ¤£