Scottish Fitba'

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Whether people like Rangers or not, them winning has to help Scottish football with its coefficient. Good news.

:unsure:

I know that’s what it looks like from the outside but try thinking of it this way to get the perspective other Scottish teams face...

Whether you like having two legs or not, losing one means you save money on socks. Good news! :sneaky:

The 'positive' just doesn't compute in the bigger picture ;)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The fans of the rest of the SPL teams can celebrate, fret, worry and moan all they wish but fans of St Johnstone have already (after just two league games) accepted that a play-off is probably the best they can hope for.

But hey. Transformational turn-around can happen so I remain…erm…worried that ten days before our next game might not see that happen for our next league game…Celtic at ‘not Paradise’ 😳
…but maybe just maybe the signing on loan of the young Burnley forward - Dara Costelloe - may spark the necessary transformation. Its the hope that does you…

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
…and sometimes it is quite hard to love them…but as you say, I do always genuinely wish them well on their European ventures…for the betterment of the national team and Scottish clubs in future comps.
Oh, I accept that next round, or even in the league phase, you want them to get hammered out of site, humiliated etc. Just let them do their bit for the SPL first of all though :LOL:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Oh, I accept that next round, or even in the league phase, you want them to get hammered out of site, humiliated etc. Just let them do their bit for the SPL first of all though :LOL:
Actually not at all. I want both of the OF to progress as far as possible in Europe, either team being hammered feels a bit embarrassing and rather depressing for Scottish football and I want to feel good about Scottish football, at club and national level. The latter is doing their bit at the moment…have hopes for the former improving.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
My main thought from last night was, what the hell has happened to Rosenberg?

doesn’t seem so long ago they were regular Champions League attendees.
They used to be regular Champions League group participants and claimed a lot of big scalp's at that.
I think it's harder for the smaller teams to keep that consistency whilst always having limited transfer funds.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
They used to be regular Champions League group participants and claimed a lot of big scalp's at that.
I think it's harder for the smaller teams to keep that consistency whilst always having limited transfer funds.
Absolutely, I think what struck me was that they were consistent in their CL runs, not like the BATE Borisov and Viktoria Plzens of the world that seems to emerge and disappear just as fast.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Absolutely, I think what struck me was that they were consistent in their CL runs, not like the BATE Borisov and Viktoria Plzens of the world that seems to emerge and disappear just as fast.
They‘ve been on the slide for quite some time given St Johnstone knocked them out of the Europa League in 2013 - ah these were the days…🙄