Scottish Fitba'

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rangers got a result but I’ll say it again, their recruitment has been abysmal. Never seen a team put so much industry in just to give the ball away when it counts so many times.

They don’t seem any further forward than last season where they ran a lot but couldn’t finish.

Barisic looking like the only one that wanted to just get a ball in to the box and when he did Dessers got a, well, tap in that he couldn’t miss.

Lammers… holy cow Batman, was harder to miss from 5 yards out.

Feynoord must be laughing uncontrollably at getting 6mil for Danilo.

But they got the result which will probably be all that Rangers fans care about despite the very obvious issues.

Servette at home with most of their missing players back will be a different proposition and failing to convert industry won’t go unpunished.

Good luck to them.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rangers got a result but I’ll say it again, their recruitment has been abysmal. Never seen a team put so much industry in just to give the ball away when it counts so many times.

They don’t seem any further forward than last season where they ran a lot but couldn’t finish.

Barisic looking like the only one that wanted to just get a ball in to the box and when he did Dessers got a, well, tap in that he couldn’t miss.

Lammers… holy cow Batman, was harder to miss from 5 yards out.

Feynoord must be laughing uncontrollably at getting 6mil for Danilo.

But they got the result which will probably be all that Rangers fans care about despite the very obvious issues.

mid-field
Servette at home with most of their missing players back will be a different proposition and failing to convert industry won’t go unpunished.

Good luck to them.
Fair points Greg, but I did see some improvements in mid-field and front line. Especially in 1st half, it was good to see 2 [supposedly] strikers in the box for crosses.
It's going to take time for all these new players to gel, hopefully, we don't lose too many points in the process.
But I'm still not sure of some of them, yet.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fair points Greg, but I did see some improvements in mid-field and front line. Especially in 1st half, it was good to see 2 [supposedly] strikers in the box for crosses.
It's going to take time for all these new players to gel, hopefully, we don't lose too many points in the process.
But I'm still not sure of some of them, yet.
If I was a Rangers fan I’d be alarmed by the movement and decision making of those strikers.

Rangers have had a great midfield engine for a number of seasons, that hasn’t been the problem. Scoring goals and not conceding has been.

I get Morelos’ contract was up but letting Colak go when he had got back to fitness looks like being a mistake. Dessers looks clueless in his movement in the box.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agreed, to let Colak go (and Sakala) was a mistake in my book.
I thought Sakala was a decent player, scored some good and important goals.

Colak just looked like a proper striker to me, made good decisions in the box.

I get what Billy is saying but a striker with the ball at his feet in the box making a mince pie of it is nowt to do with gelling.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agreed, to let Colak go (and Sakala) was a mistake in
Colak was a good [central] penalty box player but easily marked. Sakala was fast but sadly lacked vision, decision-making, and finishing, I think he'll become a really good player in time.
Sadly it's gonna take time for the new players to gel and understand each other's style, BTW 5 out of the 6 front line players haven't played together in enough competitive games.
BTW, tonight was Servette's 5th European tie this year, I don't know how many competitive domestic games they've played, maybe we need to start our season earlier.

Last edited:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought Sakala was a decent player, scored some good and important goals.

Colak just looked like a proper striker to me, made good decisions in the box.

I get what Billy is saying but a striker with the ball at his feet in the box making a mince pie of it is nowt to do with gelling.
You're a closet Rangers fan LOL

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Colak was a good [central] penalty box player but easily marked. Sakala was fast but sadly lacked vision, decision-making, and finishing, I think he'll become a really good player in time.
Sadly it's gonna take time for the new players to gel and understand each other's style, BTW 5 out of the 6 front line players haven't played together in enough competitive games.
So now you’ve got players that are slow and not good penalty box players… 😂

Again though, gelling has nothing to do with a player having the ball at their feet, in the box, and making poor decisions. The part where gelling counts, passing through the midfield was actually pretty decent.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Only kidding pal, sorry I was just editing my earlier post. As I said I'm not too sure of some of the new front men , yet.
BTW My grandson is now staying in Dunfermline ATM so I might be coming for a game .

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
BTW, tonight was Servette's 5th European tie this year, I don't know how many competitive domestic games they've played, maybe we need to start our season earlier.
Just checked, looks like Sweden start their football season in April , 4 months ahead of us .

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Just checked, looks like Sweden start their football season in April , 4 months ahead of us .
Servette are Swiss and they have just started their domestic season 😀
Rangers look the same as last season so far, laboured going forward with no real pace, they should be out of sight in this tie but Servette will fancy themselves at home to do a job.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Servette are Swiss and they have just started their domestic season 😀
Rangers look the same as last season so far, laboured going forward with no real pace, they should be out of sight in this tie but Servette will fancy themselves at home to do a job.
2-0 up after 15 minutes, and then playing the last half hour against 10 men, they've got to be pretty disappointed, particularly given Servette had 8 players out. Tie is wide open, however I fancy Rangers to get an early goal to kill it.