Scottish Fitba'

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Celtic started badly and should have been behind before Ross C conceded a silly penalty. After that though, we settled and played some decent football.

Rangers weren't helped by that terrible plastic pitch, but they were very poor and never really looked like scoring. Big improvement needed before CL qualifier on Wednesday.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Used to train on that type of pitch in Dingwall when I was with Brora, an absolute nightmare for the knees and ankles, also made tackling very difficult.
Still no excuse for how bad Rangers were, massive game on Wednesday already.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just watching Sportscene from yesterday now.
Celtic impressive going forward. Not so solid at the back. New players would be a good idea for the CL.

Impressed with Ross County.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just watching Sportscene from yesterday now.
Celtic impressive going forward. Not so solid at the back. New players would be a good idea for the CL.

Impressed with Ross County.
Starfelt is apparently off next week. New Polish lad looks decent but we need some cover/competition at CB.

Also talk that Hatate could be for the off as well. That would be worrying.

Last piece of gossip - after signing for a fee of £25m and wages of £10m per annum, Jota is being sent out on loan as his new club want to make another marquee signing. Would be funny if he came back to Celtic 😀

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just watched Rangers game highlights. They weren't that bad!
Glaring lack of width to the team.
I watched the full game and thought Rangers were very poor, though the plastic pitch didn't help. But Kilmarnock got their tactics right and managed to play well despite the pitch.
Kilmarnock won most of the high balls and tackles, Rangers were slow to react to wide and over the top balls and fight for 2nd balls.
Disappointed in Cantwell he ran about like a headless chicken when he eventually came on. the new and old strikers/frontmen were disappointing.
Things need to improve and I'm not sure if Beale is the man to do it.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Nice to see Hearts off to a good start. 🤣
The St Johnstone support were actually relieved that their team played OK, and not to the standard of its League (Viaplay) Cup debacles - actually way above that awfulness. And Saints seem to have picked up a decent goalie in Dimitar Mitov (from Cambridge Utd).

Have to say that reports talking of a Rangers ‘horror show’ or ‘wretched performance’ do tend to downplay the fact that Killie aren’t actually 3 bad, and maybe that they’d still have to play well to beat Rangers (as recognised by at least one supporter on here - it wasn‘t all about Rangers 👍). Still..hate their plastic pitch.

Last edited:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had the misfortune of watching the Rangers game as there was bugger all else on. What an absolute load of dross masquerading as top flight football. The Dunfermline game against Airdrie featured more quality.

Rangers will find themselves felt up a few times this season and the league is Celtic's, even at this unbelievably early stage. Their recruitment appears to have been shocking.
Their new "main man" Dessers is as slow as a week in jail, three times he had yards on defenders and should have been through but was caught far too easily (reminded me of that Swiss lad they had a couple of seasons ago, probably a decent finisher but was far too slow) Lammers looks like he doesn't know how or where he is supposed to be playing and Danilo had about 4 touches in the 20 or so minutes he was on the pitch.

The only one that looked reasonable (and I use that loosely) was Sima, who had a bit of energy about him but far too many times made poor decisions and his distribution was awful.

Killie though... Jesus, I've heard of parking the bus but that was ridiculous. But for them having a couple of rapid wingers that could get out on the break, I doubt they would have left their own half.
Eye-bleedingly bad to watch. MacInnes should be at least a little ashamed of that set up, basically an 9 man defence.