Scottish Fitba'

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The trains will have finished by the time the Tartan Army get into town.
Quite…though my Mrs has suggested they’d sort that…I’m not so sure…plus everyone will be wanting to head off at the same time rather than spread out over maybe 90minutes after the scheduled end time.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
2 massive wins this week, you'd like to think we could get over the line now, but being Scotland you just never know :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Steve Clarke has them playing well and it seems like we have a bit of strength on the bench to change games if required.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Great result. So pleased especially when the game started. Thought I was watching Brazil with the 2nd goal!

The game against Spain is 12/10/23 allegedly in Seville but not confirmed.

Some ticket places have prices @€300. Absolute rip off when hopefully both teams will have qualified

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
So if we beat Cyprus in September and Norway lose to Spain then fail to beat Georgia we are pretty much there.

I can’t see Georgia beating Spain so can envisage a Spain/Scotland 1/2.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Roddy Forsythe has announced his retirement due to Parkinson's. He is another classic voice to go, another old school journalist who's voice is a pleasure to listen to and who I respect when he speaks. A real loss.

I hope he is able to manage his disease well, horrible thing.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Roddy Forsythe has announced his retirement due to Parkinson's. He is another classic voice to go, another old school journalist who's voice is a pleasure to listen to and who I respect when he speaks. A real loss.

I hope he is able to manage his disease well, horrible thing.
Sad news, I heard his interview earlier on the radio where he said he has another debilitating illness too.
Sorry but I can't recall what it was.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
So sad to hear about Roddy Forsyth.

On Scotland…many on TA forums expressing feelings that it is actually quite difficult to accept that Scotland are actually pretty good, that we have a squad comprising almost 100% decent technical players with none just there to make up the numbers.

Chuck in great squad togetherness and a manager who seems to know what he is doing and how to make best use of the players he has, blimey, it’s a pleasant difficulty to have.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

On Scotland…many on TA forums expressing feelings that it is actually quite difficult to accept that Scotland are actually pretty good, that we have a squad comprising almost 100% decent technical players with none just there to make up the numbers.

Chuck in great squad togetherness and a manager who seems to know what he is doing and how to make best use of the players he has, blimey, it’s a pleasant difficulty to have.
Very young team as well.

Bound to end in tears.
SFA scandal. rioting fans, financial crisis or something like that.;)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

I think we need a reality check amongst all the maelstrom of over-positivity. And this paints the problem with the SNT pretty well.

Yes, we are playing quite well at the moment and the squad do seem to be very much together, which is helping us hugely and cannot be underestimated.

But it always happens that folk get carried away, 100% decent technical players and none making up the numbers? Ehh, naw.
We have probably 5 or 6 decent “technical players” that form the core. But we do not have 11 good players at our disposal game in, game out.

We have become "pretty good" and I have seen a resilience that has been missing for a number of years but lets not get carried away. This is what happened during Watty Smith's tenure with the glorious failure of the 2006 qualifying campaign and the narrow loss to Italy (curse Fabio Grosso and his diving arse), we did well despite the clear weaknesses.

I genuinely thing we CAN qualify this time, on our own merit via a qualifying group, but lets try and keep grounded on this. I know it's tough but reality is always harder to accept that fantasy.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Heard a stat the other day that we've won 10 (yes, 10) group qualification games in a row. Didn't believe it so had to Google it. It's true enough, we won the final 6 in WC quals. That's never happened, ever.
This is the best team we've had in decades. I'd even go so far to say it's probably better than the 98 WC team. That had some very decent individuals in it, but so does this group.
Having said all that we all know the banana skin is coming. Just hope we don't scupper this.