Scottish Fitba'

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Did they charge you for the privilege?
No, nothing at all. Indeed as I had told the guy who arranged it (a mate of the chairman) that we lived in Surrey I’m thinking maybe they reckoned I could have a load of dosh and might invest in the club…🤣.

The pictures of me holding the Scottish Cup itself are great but they all have my Mrs in them and she wouldn’t thank me for posting a photo with her in it on a golf forum 🤔🤣. Just so very special.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Thought the crowds at the SPL games yesterday were excellent, and well done Aberdeen - great to see them getting stronger and maybe starting to challenge at least one half of the Old Firm. Also great to see Pittodrie almost full - crowd must have been maybe about 18,000.

ETA…18,666

Last edited:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Only caught the 2nd half yesterday, but looked like the better team won. Or maybe just the hungrier team. Aberdeen were right up for it where Rangers were sloppy and too laid back.

Massive game for Beale next Sunday. If they lose, I can see the fans turning on him. If Hatate and Jota make it, I think Celtic win comfortably. If both are out, it will be tight.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Karma for me in a rare occasion of wanting The Rangers to win a game.;)

Hearts stats v Ross County.
30 shots at goal
12 on target
6 goals.
Their goalie had a good many fine saves as well.
Worst Ross County performance I've seen in a long time.
Hearts were very good as well to be fair to them.
It's still a struggle to get boys up here sadly to improve the squad.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
St Johnstone’s will largely have gone up as a result of greater visitor support. It’s certainly not down to the super attractive winning football that the team has been playing 🤔☹️
I believe Saints' season ticket sales got boosted a fair bit after the cup wins - certainly a bit more than before Covid.

Springveldt

Visit site
Looking at the after the split fixtures I don’t think the SPL have thought those through at all.

If Celtic win at Tynecastle they win the league on a Sunday with a bank holiday the next day. I think Celtic’s allocation is around 1200. So come 5pm the city centre will likely be packed with celebrating Celtic fans while Rangers fans are making their way home from Ibrox.

Not a great recipe imho.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Looking at the after the split fixtures I don’t think the SPL have thought those through at all.

If Celtic win at Tynecastle they win the league on a Sunday with a bank holiday the next day. I think Celtic’s allocation is around 1200. So come 5pm the city centre will likely be packed with celebrating Celtic fans while Rangers fans are making their way home from Ibrox.

Not a great recipe imho.
And if they don't win at Hearts, the next opportunity to win it is at Ibrox with no Celtic fans in the stadium - how mental is that?

Would it have been so hard to give them a home fixture in the first or second game after the split?

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Basically down to the TV deal with Sky. They're only allowed to show one more live game from Celtic Park which they'll keep for Trophy day.
So to show Celtic actually winning the league as well it has to be an away game to start.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And if they don't win at Hearts, the next opportunity to win it is at Ibrox with no Celtic fans in the stadium - how mental is that?

Would it have been so hard to give them a home fixture in the first or second game after the split?
…police will be loving the idea that they might have to keep Celtic fans out of Govan, but as we know Govan is check-by-jowl with the city centre.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site