Scottish Fitba'

D

Deleted member 15344

Great result for Scotland - Spain are a very strange team and Scotland certainly took advantage of them dropping

IJames

Visit site
Kyogo is some finisher.
And Tavernier takes a mean free-kick! Completely different style to PL games - twice the speed and half the control! Some daft tackles and a classic example of simulation! Biggest question is how many players each team finishes with!

Last edited:

IJames

Visit site
Celtic never got going and easily one of their worst performances of late. A wins a win and that just about cements the title
Or maybe they were somewhat nullified by Rangers' tactics. Is that the usual pace at which they play - I've not seen many Celtic or Rangers games (and missed 3 of the goals flipping to and from The Masters!) but it seemed far too frenetic, certainly much moreso than PL ones which are comparatively pedestrian most of the time! Perhaps it's simply an OF style - the spectaors seem (to me) to be actively encouraging aggressive (cf positive) play!

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Things you wish you'd never said - McCoist first half - "the difference in having Davies and Souter at the back compared to the likes of King and Sands is absolutely unbelievable." 🤣🤣🤣

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Love the hysteria this fixture generates, although it’s fairly tame in here compared with other parts of the internet. When I worked in Glasgow, normally sane office colleagues turned into basket cases for a week before and a week after!

Best to don a turban or Star of David and say, ”It’s nowt to do with me me Guv!”

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Love the hysteria this fixture generates, although it’s fairly tame in here compared with other parts of the internet. When I worked in Glasgow, normally sane office colleagues turned into basket cases for a week before and a week after!

Best to don a turban or Star of David and say, ”It’s nowt to do with me me Guv!”
…or tell anyone who asks that you are a St Johnstone supporter…for me that had always elicited a good guffaw or two… some words of sympathy - and a free pass.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Can’t see the sense in that decision. Wouldn’t be surprised if this backfires and they get right sucked in to the relegation battle.
St Johnstone do not sack managers on a whim, or even if things are not good, indeed as a club it is extremely loyal to its managers and gives them as much time to sort things out that they could ever need.

The sense was that the the fans had been lost; the team was playing absolutely dire football, and so many selection decisions were just baffling. Davidson has spent tons more money on transfers and new player wages than any manager in the history of the club - on what and to what end…this? We have the players but it’s just a shambles and has been for months.

St Johnstone probably only need to win two games to avoid a relegation playoff battle and the club only scraped it last season; and the only reason we scraped it last season that an on-loan forward hit a streak of scoring. The way things are two wins seem as likely as finding out the moon is made of cheese.

Chuck into the mix that the club is up for sale with the current owner Steve Brown seemingly not particularly bothered about things (see the Rangers fiasco) when his father Geoff was passionate, totally committed and did wonders for the club, plus what price a Championship club as opposed to a Premier League club. Davidson would have guessed that a new owner would be looking to bring in a new manager in any case so best he just parted on good terms - for some reason it has just gone very badly wrong.

That said the fans say a full and heartfelt thankyou to Callum for the most astonishing and never to be repeated season in the clubs history - indeed the feat of a club outside of the ugly sisters ever again winning the cup double being the unlikely side of unlikely.

And you have to take Faddy’s thoughts with a little bit of a pinch of salt as he and Callum are good mates, and so he would of course stand up for his pal.

COYS (sorry the pic is so big - but hey - a picture never to be repeated)

5D9C16EC-9304-44AF-9A7B-1D6618F80C43.jpeg

Last edited: