Scottish Fitba'

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm happy the Rangers didn't get hammered and that we are getting closer to Celtic, an excellent team.

How can you be happy you lost a cup final?

Pretty comfortable win for Celtic, could have been a lot more emphatic if they took some of those late chances.

Agreed with Brian Laudrup and Michael Stewart that Beale was too negative with his tactics and team selection. Couldn't understand why he didn't start Cantwell and Raskin.

Morelos gets worse every time I see him. I know he scored a scrappy goal, but he looks unfit, overweight, and more interested in giving away cheap fouls and moaning to the ref, he must be a joy to play against.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Let me spell this out for you.

1. I am sad and disappointed that Rangers lost the final.

2. I am happy that the score suggests that it was a close game and not a hammering. 🙂

Your second point is quite telling, its the sort of comment I'd expect from a "Diddy" team - "ah well, at least we never got humiliated". Not really the traditional Rangers mentality. If the roles were reversed, I'd be gutted we didn't have more of a go. Damage limitation is a strange positive to take from losing a cup final.

Moving on, Beale is going to have a big rebuilding job in the summer, much as Ange had last season. Will be interesting to see how he gets on.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Meanwhile the fans of at least one diddy Scottish club can still mischievously point out that since 2012 their club has won more major Scottish cups than Rangers 😊 Maybe this is the year for Rangers to win the Scottish Cup and draw level 😉

Anyway…It does seem to be the case that Rangers have a bit to go to achieve parity with Celtic. SPL teams will continue to look to get a result against Rangers (albeit accepting that ’a result’ will become rarer) and damage limitation against Celtic for a while yet I think.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Meanwhile the fans of at least one diddy Scottish club can still mischievously point out that since 2012 their club has won more major Scottish cups than Rangers 😊 Maybe this is the year for Rangers to win the Scottish Cup and draw level 😉

Anyway…It does seem to be the case that Rangers have a bit to go to achieve parity with Celtic. SPL teams will continue to look to get a result against Rangers (albeit accepting that ’a result’ will become rarer) and damage limitation against Celtic for a while yet I think.

they've got Raith Rovers at home in the QF. Could be tough if they play like they did yesterday. :D

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site