Scottish Fitba'

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Was hoping for Hearts doing something tonight, was looking good at 1-1, but Celtic are just too strong at the moment.
Good performance from Rangers tonight. Raskin and Cantwell are good signings. Team looking much fitter. Morelos is definitely on the way out.

Edit... hibs tv is pants. Cut out a few times and zero before game or analysis at half time.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
3 very good goals from Celtic tonight, Haksabanovc's in particular was a peach. Hearts goal wasn't bad either.

Like the fact that Celtic don't panic when they go a goal down, they just keep playing their football in the belief that goals will come.

Mooy has been a great signing, total quality. Got to laugh that he was training with Rangers as a free agent, but Ange stepped in and pinched him from under their noses.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
3 very good goals from Celtic tonight, Haksabanovc's in particular was a peach. Hearts goal wasn't bad either.

Like the fact that Celtic don't panic when they go a goal down, they just keep playing their football in the belief that goals will come.

Mooy has been a great signing, total quality. Got to laugh that he was training with Rangers as a free agent, but Ange stepped in and pinched him from under their noses.
Is that right about Mooy? Was Gio in charge then?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Was hoping for Hearts doing something tonight, was looking good at 1-1, but Celtic are just too strong at the moment.
Good performance from Rangers tonight. Raskin and Cantwell are good signings. Team looking much fitter. Morelos is definitely on the way out.

Edit... hibs tv is pants. Cut out a few times and zero before game or analysis at half time.

Morelos and Kent are obviously going to go for heehaw in the summer. Wasn't that long ago we were being told they would go for 15-20m apiece. Should have cashed in while you could.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Morelos and Kent are obviously going to go for heehaw in the summer. Wasn't that long ago we were being told they would go for 15-20m apiece. Should have cashed in while you could.
Should have taken a decent offer for Morelos. Kent was excellent tonight, I would be keen to see him stay.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have huge respect for Ange and what he has done at Celtic. Obviously a great coach and a decent person
How long will he stick around?
Personally, I think he'll be in England next season.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have huge respect for Ange and what he has done at Celtic. Obviously a great coach and a decent person
How long will he stick around?
Personally, I think he'll be in England next season.

Who knows? He's been a brilliant signing, we were a total basket case under Lennon. He has completely rebuilt the team without spending a fortune in net terms and got us playing great football. Certainly the best Celtic team since MON.

He was totally derided when he was appointed, I remember Hugh Kevin's saying ANGE stood for absolutely not good enough. Kris Boyd had some fantastic words of wisdom as well, I'll see if I can dig them out.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Celtic have spend way more than Rangers since Ange arrived.
Don't think posting what a mediocre player for Rangers said adds to any discussion.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Who knows? He's been a brilliant signing, we were a total basket case under Lennon. He has completely rebuilt the team without spending a fortune in net terms and got us playing great football. Certainly the best Celtic team since MON.

He was totally derided when he was appointed, I remember Hugh Kevin's saying ANGE stood for absolutely not good enough. Kris Boyd had some fantastic words of wisdom as well, I'll see if I can dig them out.

ANGE POSTECOGLOU has no authority at Celtic, no backing, no support from the board — and virtually no chance of being successful.

Unless things change, there’s no point in him being there.

Right now, if I was him I’d pack my bags and go.

Postecoglou might as well hand in his resignation and take himself back to Australia.

But with Postecoglou, he’s got to be wondering if taking this job was worth the hassle.

He didn’t have the first idea when he arrived. He can say all the right things about Celtic being a massive club . . . blah blah blah.

As if that wasn’t scripted.

But he didn’t know the first thing about life at Celtic and his eyes will have been opened now.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...-postecoglou-no-backing-board-quit-kris-boyd/

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Celtic have spend way more than Rangers since Ange arrived.
Don't think posting what a mediocre player for Rangers said adds to any discussion.

Ange's transfer dealings -

Players in
Jota - season-long loan then £6.65m
Cameron Carter-Vickers - season-long loan then £6.2m
Kyogo Furuhashi - £4.5m
Carl Starfelt - £4m
Alexandro Bernabei - £3.75m
Liel Abada - £3.5m
Alistair Johnston - £3m
Oh Hyeon-gyu - £2.5m
Josip Juranovic - £2.5m
Giorgos Giakoumakis - £2.5m
Sead Haksabanovic - £1.7m
Daizen Maeda - six-month loan then £1.6m
Matt O'Riley - £1.5m
Reo Hatate - £1.4m
Joe Hart - £1m
Yosuke Ideguchi - £850k
Liam Scales - £500k
Liam Shaw - £300k
Osaze Urhoghide - £150k
Johnny Kenny - £125k
Bosun Lawal - £120k
Joey Dawson - undisclosed
James McCarthy - free
Benjamin Siegrist - free
Aaron Mooy - free
Yuki Kobayashi - free
Loans (loan fees unknown)
Moritz Jenz
Oliver Abildgaard
Tomoki Iwata (mandatory option to buy at £850k).
Total gross spend: £49.15m
Players out
Odsonne Edouard - £14m
Kristoffer Ajer - £13.5m
Josip Juranovic - £7.5m
Ryan Christie - £2.5m
Jack Hendry - £1.75m
Vakoun Issouf Bayo - £1.4m
Christopher Jullien - £850k
Marian Shved - undisclosed
Leo Hjelde - undisclosed
Lee O'Connor - undisclosed
Ross Doohan - undisclosed
Boli Bolingoli - undisclosed
Owen Moffat - undisclosed
Scott Robertson - undisclosed
Jonathan Afolabi - free
Leigh Griffiths - free
Ewan Henderson - free
Luca Connell - free
Nir Bitton - free
Tom Rogic - free
Karamoko Dembele - free
Olivier Ntcham - free
Scott Brown - free
Armstrong Oko-Flex - free
Loans out (loan fees unknown)
Vasilis Barkas
Liam Scales
Adam Montgomery
Ismailia Soro
Osaze Urhoghide
Johnny Kenny
Albian Ajeti
Liam Shaw
Mikey Johnston
Tobi Oluwayemi
Total: £41.5m
Net spend
£7.65million

Hardly a fortune across 4 transfer windows..