Scottish Fitba'

D

Deleted member 15344

I was at the game and both my children saw the banner. Unfortunately they hear and see things all the time that ideally I would rather they didn't, not just at football matches.

The “anti social” behaviour at matches appears to be on the rise again - chants , banners , fighting etc

People want to take their kids to watch the match and get them supporting their team etc but it’s not great when they are subjected to poor behaviour.

Not sure if it’s a new crowd that are responsible for the rise or it’s just been hidden and not reported as much now

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
You’re clearly an old man living in the dark ages, young children are seeing that and you think it’s ok, Suppose you took your grandchildren to the game and asked what the C word was, what would you say?
I really couldn’t care less what team it is, it’s just not right.

What’s worse, seeing a swear word on a banner, or listening to thousands of people singing sectarian songs?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I am not a regular at football games these days but in the 90s you heard sectarian language at most (every) ground I visited.
Well if I was supporting either of the OF clubs and travelled around then so would I 🤔. Thankfully my parents so detested the bigotry of the OF they dissuaded us from supporting either of them. They failed with my brother, though somewhat unusually he started with Celtic before changing sides a few years later.🙄

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well if I was supporting either of the OF clubs and travelled around then so would I 🤔. Thankfully my parents so detested the bigotry of the OF they dissuaded us from supporting either of them. They failed with my brother, though somewhat unusually he started with Celtic before changing sides a few years later.🙄
Your brother must have had the brains in the family. 😋🤣

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Your brother must have had the brains in the family. 😋🤣
I was with him at Parkhead for an OF match and he decided that he didn’t like what was going on around us in the Celtic end (though he usually stood in the jungle) so he asked a policeman if we could go to the Rangers end…he looked a bit bemused but agreed to his request 🙄