Scottish Fitba'

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
But it’s ok for your kids to hear thousands of fans singing about being up to their knees in Fenian blood?

Both Rangers and Celtic sing songs they should both be ashamed off, this isn’t about songs though, this is about a banner with the C word in it and you clearly think it’s alright judging by your earlier response.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Both Rangers and Celtic sing songs they should both be ashamed off, this isn’t about songs though, this is about a banner with the C word in it and you clearly think it’s alright judging by your earlier response.
And yet it continues and will be tolerated…a plague on both their houses.

On ‘ultras’…as it happens St Johnstone has its own little band of 100 or so ‘ultras‘ amongst its vast support, mostly young lads who make more noise and create more of an atmosphere at matches than the rest of the multitude of fans combined. But their noise is just enthusiastic noise, though once upon a time in a European match a Palestinian flag was waved by one of them (can’t remember why…) and as it was a ’demonstration of a political cause’ the club was fined €18000. Makes you laugh rather.

Last edited:

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I was at the game and both my children saw the banner. Unfortunately they hear and see things all the time that ideally I would rather they didn't, not just at football matches.
So you think it’s ok for grown adults to have a sign like that at the game?
Any game in fact?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Go to any game and you will hear people using bad language. 99% of kids will have heard it in the playground as well. I wonder if you would have been as quick to condemn it if it was your team and not your biggest rivals who put the banner up?

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Go to any game and you will hear people using bad language. 99% of kids will have heard it in the playground as well. I wonder if you would have been as quick to condemn it if it was your team and not your biggest rivals who put the banner up?
So that makes it alright then, shocking that you think it’s ok.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Spare me the faux outrage.

Are you like this every time you hear a bad word on tv?

You’re clearly an old man living in the dark ages, young children are seeing that and you think it’s ok, Suppose you took your grandchildren to the game and asked what the C word was, what would you say?
I really couldn’t care less what team it is, it’s just not right.