Scottish Fitba'

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just when you though that the incompetence of the Scottish Football officials could not possibly get any worse.
We now have a complete mucking fuddle on how to end the season with mysterious 'missing' vote from the one club who could scupper their plans.
Even though that club can prove they voted against it.

My understanding is Dundee voted No to ending the season, then withdrew their vote once they realised they would be in a very strong position to get a deal which suited them? The clubs were asked to vote by 5pm Friday, but the SPFL rules say they have up to 28 days to vote.

Dundee now going to propose a 14 club SPL, which would see the top 2 in the championship promoted, and Hearts staying up, thereby giving Dundee a much better chance of getting promoted next season.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My understanding is Dundee voted No to ending the season, then withdrew their vote once they realised they would be in a very strong position to get a deal which suited them? The clubs were asked to vote by 5pm Friday, but the SPFL rules say they have up to 28 days to vote.

Dundee now going to propose a 14 club SPL, which would see the top 2 in the championship promoted, and Hearts staying up, thereby giving Dundee a much better chance of getting promoted next season.

I am a Jambo and don't really have a problem with Hearts being relegated. I think they deserve it.
Partick Thistle are a totally different case, it would be most unfair for them to be relegated.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
In my opinion you can’t have champions and teams getting relegated until the season is finished?
Obviously very difficult in the current circumstances.
Sporting integrity has to be the priority, if not what’s the point...

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
In my opinion you can’t have champions and teams getting relegated until the season is finished?
Obviously very difficult in the current circumstances.
Sporting integrity has to be the priority, if not what’s the point...

Problem is clubs are losing money hand over fist.

A decision needs to be made. Celtic are that far ahead they are not going to implode and no team in Scotland will or can catch them.

Hearts are 6 points adrift and reaping what they sow. First division (championship) and adminstration beckons.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

A decision needs to be made. Celtic are that far ahead they are not going to implode and no team in Scotland will or can catch them.

Hearts are 6 points adrift and reaping what they sow. First division (championship) and adminstration beckons.

But how do you apply some of the season outcomes resulting from a shortened fixture list and not others (play offs) No ones saying Hamilton should play-off because they are 2nd bottom and just 4 points from relegation (not 6)

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site

Your right on the money situation, especially for the lower league clubs.
Its just not right awarding titles and relegating teams in all divisions until the season is complete.
Apparently the playoffs are now cancelled as well, so Brora don’t get a chance to get into Division 2.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
But how do you apply some of the season outcomes resulting from a shortened fixture list and not others (play offs) No ones saying Hamilton should play-off because they are 2nd bottom and just 4 points from relegation (not 6)

My issue is if St Mirren or Hamilton were in bottom place this discussion wouldn't even be happening it would be tough titty.

Reactions: Val

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Your right on the money situation, especially for the lower league clubs.
Its just not right awarding titles and relegating teams in all divisions until the season is complete.
Apparently the playoffs are now cancelled as well, so Brora don’t get a chance to get into Division 2.

Season can't be completed. By the time it starts off again you will have players out of contract at clubs who may move on etc. You have contract situations that would technically mean unregistered players playing or even potentially being able to sign for rival clubs. How do you combat that?

You also still have clubs losing money at such a rate a few are only weeks away from going out of business.

Dundee have pointed a loaded gun at the head of the lower leagues!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
My issue is if St Mirren or Hamilton were in bottom place this discussion wouldn't even be happening it would be tough titty.

Ah c'mon you can hardly say the SPFL &/or the other teams are rallying behind Hearts cause here trying to keep them in, quite the opposite in fact. If it wasn't for Rangers ulterior motives Hearts would be fighting alone

User20204

Visit site
Ah c'mon you can hardly say the SPFL &/or the other teams are rallying behind Hearts cause here trying to keep them in, quite the opposite in fact. If it wasn't for Rangers ulterior motives Hearts would be fighting alone

You're aware he's from Ayrshire

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

Of course they are. St Mirren or Hamilton with average gates of 2k or Hearts with over 15k. Who do the club's want for income and gate receipts?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Of course they are. St Mirren or Hamilton with average gates of 2k or Hearts with over 15k. Who do the club's want for income and gate receipts?

You wouldn't know it from the votes on Friday (Hearts have nae pals!)

They fully deserve their league position of course but as a fan I'm gonna say that it doesn't follow that the deserve demotion for an incomplete fixture list. However unlikely there's still enough points undecided for Hearts (or Hamilton) to dam near double their current tally. So if this had happened with couple of games to go I could see a very strong argument but there's still too much undeclared games as it stands

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
You wouldn't know it from the votes on Friday (Hearts have nae pals!)

They fully deserve their league position of course but as a fan I'm gonna say that it doesn't follow that the deserve demotion for an incomplete fixture list. However unlikely there's still enough points undecided for Hearts (or Hamilton) to dam near double their current tally. So if this had happened with couple of games to go I could see a very strong argument but there's still too much undeclared games as it stands

Your not grasping the contractural situation that numerous clubs are going to be in. We're talking about masses of players potentially out of contract.

We're talking about TV scheduling, media schedules fan movement won't be allowed for a good while yet. Are we asking clubs to fulfill fixtures with no income to offset these games if they decide on closed door games?

It's a shambles and I don't have any answer. For me the simplest way is to call it now.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Your not grasping the contractural situation that numerous clubs are going to be in. We're talking about masses of players potentially out of contract.

We're talking about TV scheduling, media schedules fan movement won't be allowed for a good while yet. Are we asking clubs to fulfill fixtures with no income to offset these games if they decide on closed door games?

It's a shambles and I don't have any answer. For me the simplest way is to call it now.

All too well aware of the bigger picture facing clubs & sport in general & like you I've no answer but I'd stop short of just picking the simplest because its the simplest (and that whole mess on Friday just goes to show it maybe wasn't really the simplest after all)

Last edited:

ferenezejohn

Visit site

Neil Lennon, has a short memory he was Celtic manager when they overturned Rangers 15 point lead 2012
So for him to say Celtic should be crowned champions on the basis of a 13 point lead is hypocrisy, at the time he said he never doubted Celtic could close the gap.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Haud the horses, just the 4 points adrift.;)
I think many clubs in Scotland will go into administration before Hearts.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Haud the horses, just the 4 points adrift.;)
I think many clubs in Scotland will go into administration before Hearts.

A club being part funded by fans contributions every month and factored into the income is not a sustainable business model. A club that cannot afford to pay off its last manager and assistant so found them alternative roles within the club is also a basket case club.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Neil Lennon, has a short memory he was Celtic manager when they overturned Rangers 15 point lead 2012
So for him to say Celtic should be crowned champions on the basis of a 13 point lead is hypocrisy, at the time he said he never doubted Celtic could close the gap.

There is more chance of me getting to scratch that Celtic being caught. Lets be honest here. League is over, just not mathematically yet....

Clutching at straws with that argument.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
All too well aware of the bigger picture facing clubs & sport in general & like you I've no answer but I'd stop short of just picking the simplest because its the simplest (and that whole mess on Friday just goes to show it maybe wasn't really the simplest after all)

All that Friday shows is back stabbing and self preservation.

Still waiting for a dossier of evidence being presented by a club.....