Scottish Fitba'

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It was not a fun watch. Seemed to be an awful lot of ‘after you Claudenko’ by our midfield.

Anyway.

Overall think the squad is largely much stronger (central defence though…?) and thought the young lad Hickey did well. Not heard of him before and at only 19yrs old quite a challenge for his first competitive Scotland game.

And so we move on.

Hickey is a former Hearts player who joined Bologna last year for £4m
Still a teenager he has played a full season in the Italian league with good reports.
Played on the right last night but his natural position is on the left where Tierney and Robertson reign.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Hickey is a former Hearts player who joined Bologna last year for £4m
Still a teenager he has played a full season in the Italian league with good reports.
Played on the right last night but his natural position is on the left where Tierney and Robertson reign.
Yes…I read he’d played 45 games for Bologna last season, so obviously a regular.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
It very strange that a country so obviously fanatical about football can't produce a team capable of qualifying for the top competitions. Why is this?

AliMc

Visit site
It very strange that a country so obviously fanatical about football can't produce a team capable of qualifying for the top competitions. Why is this?
Because the cart horses who kick anything that moves and would be sent off in any other league are waved away by incompetent referees, few decent footballing teams in Scotland, one of the minor reasons mind and just my own personal humble opinion ?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Years ago every primary school in Scotland had a football team run by the janitor, some good some not so good but it got kids interested. Kids played in the streets with jumpers as goal post, for hours after school..
These days no Jannies running teams, NO FOOTBALL ALLOWED signs everywhere.
Sad times.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Years ago every primary school in Scotland had a football team run by the janitor, some good some not so good but it got kids interested. Kids played in the streets with jumpers as goal post, for hours after school..
These days no Jannies running teams, NO FOOTBALL ALLOWED signs everywhere.
Sad times.

Well if Qatar can get a WC there's still hope that one day the twins from the tenements in Glebe st will stick a bid in and we'll have a home WC in Auchenshoogle (actually using jumpers for goalposts !)

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
RIP Andy Goram.

My abiding memory of Andy Goram was a midweek Celtic vs Rangers match, a Thursday night at Parkhead the year the temporary stand was there in the old Celtic end. Penalty to Celtic, Pierre van Hooijdonk to take the penalty for Celtic. Goram went to both posts to knock the muck from his boots and looked into the Celtic fans in the stand from both posts with a big cheesy smile on his face. He knew he was going to save it and when I looked at big Pierre, so did he.

The penalty was taken and duly saved.

Absolute class as a goalkeeper, probably the best I've ever seen in person.