Scottish Fitba'

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Hickey is a former Hearts player who joined Bologna last year for £4m
Still a teenager he has played a full season in the Italian league with good reports.
Played on the right last night but his natural position is on the left where Tierney and Robertson reign.
May be moving to Brentford for £14m…?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Heart6s sign Lawrence Shankland.
Great signing for player and club IMO.
Playing in front of McKay and Boyd and winger service from new signing and former Ayr team mate Forrest.........I predict a goalfest(y)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
See a story today of Hibs being thrown out the League Cup for fielding an intelligible player. ?

Not sure that's entirely true. They were deducted points (or in this case, point), just like Stranraer were, for fielding an ineligible player (he'd had 2 bookings in previous matches).

The award of the win to Morton meant that Hibs lost the point that they were awarded for the draw (and subsequent penalties defeat) and Morton were awarded 3 instead of 2 points (the "draw" point and the "bonus" point for winning the shoot out - god only knows why the SFA decided to make it so complex).

This meant Hibs could only finish second behind Falkirk, even if Falkirk lose their last game. 6 points won't be enough for a top runner up spot and so Hibs are effectively eliminated from the competition along with many others (St. Mirren included) rather than being thrown out.

Springveldt

Visit site
My abiding memory of Andy Goram was a midweek Celtic vs Rangers match, a Thursday night at Parkhead the year the temporary stand was there in the old Celtic end. Penalty to Celtic, Pierre van Hooijdonk to take the penalty for Celtic. Goram went to both posts to knock the muck from his boots and looked into the Celtic fans in the stand from both posts with a big cheesy smile on his face. He knew he was going to save it and when I looked at big Pierre, so did he.

The penalty was taken and duly saved.

Absolute class as a goalkeeper, probably the best I've ever seen in person.
I was there that night, knew he would save it.

I'm with Tommy Burns on this one, he broke my heart so many times.

Best goalkeeper I've ever seen in person as well.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
See a story today of Hibs being thrown out the League Cup for fielding an intelligible player. ?
Thinking St Johnstone are looking to get themselves ejected from the SPL at the end of the coming season as a result of fielding a load of ineligible (also perhaps intelligible) players - in that they cannae play football. :(

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Watched Rangers v Spurs on TV today.
2-1 Spurs.
Pretty even game except for H Kane who scored both goals - what a player he is.
Spurs brought on a sub striker who cost £50 000 000. Mind boggling

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Tidy win for Hearts against Stoke City.
Fans waxing lyrical about the quality of the fitba and two goals for new striker Shankland.(y)

BTW Thread about The Proms on Jambos Kickback......we always did have classy supporters.;)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
League season hasn't started and we are going down...I am afraid that it's just a shambles at McDiarmid Park at the moment. We must have players better than those of lower division sides and unfortunately that leaves just one conclusion to be drawn.