Scottish Fitba'

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
SFA are once again an utter embarrassment to the Scottish game.

Instead of admitting that the referee got the decision to send James Keating off for simulation. A view that is backed up on video evidence from every angle. Keating was clearly taken out of the game and physical contact is clear to see to everyone.

After reviewing the incident they have rejected ICT's appeal and claim the referee is correct, the red card will be upheld and to make matters even worse they state that Keating did dive.

Lying corrupt organisation to the core. They really do disgust the ordinary paying punter!

An absolute joke, know a few boys that play for them, it’s not right denying a player to play in a cup final when the evidence is clear to see.
The SFA are a joke.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not the worst night for Scottish football in Europe. Not the best performance by any means from Celtic but a pretty decent away score draw sets them up with a decent chance for the home leg against Copenhagen.

A very poor first hour from Rangers before a Lazarus act to come back from 0-2 down to win 3-2. Won't be easy for them away to Braga in the 2nd leg but at least they still have a chance.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Please allow me the chance to apologise for my 'seemingly'rash angry man outburst earlier-now deleted.
Realise that I'm coming across as someone who is a candidate for treatment-but promise to work on abridged texts((just need to get some fued circuit boards in the brain replaced.Again sorry for taking up so many column inches!
P.S.How in the name of god did we escape with a 3-2 win,tonight??
Slightly happier Jimbo

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Not the worst night for Scottish football in Europe. Not the best performance by any means from Celtic but a pretty decent away score draw sets them up with a decent chance for the home leg against Copenhagen.

A very poor first hour from Rangers before a Lazarus act to come back from 0-2 down to win 3-2. Won't be easy for them away to Braga in the 2nd leg but at least they still have a chance.
I haven't yet had a look on The Bears Den forum about last night (I'm saving that for when I feel a bit low) but I am thinking that Gerrard was for the sack after 66minutes and he's the greatest thing since sliced bread at the final whistle. Oh what a capricious creature is the football fan :)

Good win for the Gers from 2-down at home - but going to be tough to get through. And a good away score-draw by Celtic.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I haven't yet had a look on The Bears Den forum about last night (I'm saving that for when I feel a bit low) but I am thinking that Gerrard was for the sack after 66minutes and he's the greatest thing since sliced bread at the final whistle. Oh what a capricious creature is the football fan :)

Good win for the Gers from 2-down at home - but going to be tough to get through. And a good away score-draw by Celtic.

You don’t support Rangers yet go on a Rangers Forum??

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
You don’t support Rangers yet go on a Rangers Forum??
No I don't - and I don't look very often.

But my brother and niece are season ticket holders and it is often good to get a little bit of a feel for how their fellow bears are feeling - makes my conversations with my brother especially a little bit of fun :)

Besides - being a follower of a 'diddy team' - there is that horrible thing called schadenfreude that I can get reading Rangers supporters pulling themselves and their own club apart - and especially funny how disgusted some get when Gers can't beat those 'diddy teams'. Fortunately there is also a good amount of common sense displayed by some posters as well as the utter nonsense and bile spouted by others.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Well Mr Gerrard. When last season after your Rangers had just squeezed past Saints you commented that 'We shouldn't be struggling to win against teams like St Johnstone' - and there is certainly much historical truth in that. I am guessing you were hoping for some improvement yesterday. Hmmm. And so after struggling to get a draw yesterday against that very same team - some of your team's followers are opining that you are actually no better than Warburton - ouch!

So methinks a bit of sorting out is require at Ibrox. Clubs like St Johnstone need a decent Rangers as a decent Rangers will bring a good travelling support. Nearly 8,500 crowd at McDiarmid Park yesterday - and the boosted Rangers support (they had three sides of the ground) boosted the club's coffers by an extra £100k - and for a club like St Johnstone that is a new player :)

So come on - sort it out...first - a decent result required against Braga on Wednesday night...maybe Rangers need to be playing a team they feel won't be a dawdle to beat to play well.

And the resurrection of the career of Stevie May continues - now that he has got his sights sorted - heading for 15 goals...Stevie May - number 17. A Saints legend.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Saints playing Celtic in the Scottish Cup QF on Saturday and not a lot of hope coming from Saints fans.

OK - St Johnstone haven't scored a goal against Celtic since August 2017 - and in the ten games against them since and including 'The One when we Scored' we have shipped 30 goals.

But pragmatism rules due to the huge disparity between the clubs - the huge disparity between Celtic, and the rest of the league - even Rangers can't compete financially at the moment. One of Celtic's current forwards cost them the equivalent of two full seasons of St Johnstone's club revenue - that's everything - every single piece of income the club has generated or received for two seasons - including profit from pies, macaroon bars and juicy fruit sold.

But hey. It's the Cup - and we have to score sometime - and maybe even win - we have in the past...

ferenezejohn

Visit site
Well Mr Gerrard. When last season after your Rangers had just squeezed past Saints you commented that 'We shouldn't be struggling to win against teams like St Johnstone' - and there is certainly much historical truth in that. I am guessing you were hoping for some improvement yesterday. Hmmm. And so after struggling to get a draw yesterday against that very same team - some of your team's followers are opining that you are actually no better than Warburton - ouch!

So methinks a bit of sorting out is require at Ibrox. Clubs like St Johnstone need a decent Rangers as a decent Rangers will bring a good travelling support. Nearly 8,500 crowd at McDiarmid Park yesterday - and the boosted Rangers support (they had three sides of the ground) boosted the club's coffers by an extra £100k - and for a club like St Johnstone that is a new player :)

So come on - sort it out...first - a decent result required against Braga on Wednesday night...maybe Rangers need to be playing a team they feel won't be a dawdle to beat to play well.

And the resurrection of the career of Stevie May continues - now that he has got his sights sorted - heading for 15 goals...Stevie May - number 17. A Saints legend.
Stevie May, a legend! Sums up the state of Scottish football.
I'm an embarrassed Bear that he scored against us.
We're a bit like Jordan Spieth at the moment finding our way back to the top.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Stevie May, a legend! Sums up the state of Scottish football.
I'm an embarrassed Bear that he scored against us.
We're a bit like Jordan Spieth at the moment finding our way back to the top.

May is a legend for some St Johnstone supporters. Nobody is saying he is a legend of Scottish football. But this comment is exactly the sort of attitude that made supporters of 'diddy' Scottish teams laugh at Rangers and their trials and tribulations since 2012 - and the current despair and confusion of many of their supporters with Gerrard.

I'm inclined to lend my support to Rangers in Europe and against their East End partners in crime - but comments like that made just make me switch off and hope Braga totally stuff Rangers this evening.

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
SFA are once again an utter embarrassment to the Scottish game.

Instead of admitting that the referee got the decision to send James Keating off for simulation. A view that is backed up on video evidence from every angle. Keating was clearly taken out of the game and physical contact is clear to see to everyone.

After reviewing the incident they have rejected ICT's appeal and claim the referee is correct, the red card will be upheld and to make matters even worse they state that Keating did dive.

Lying corrupt organisation to the core. They really do disgust the ordinary paying punter!

The video is on BBC sport. One of the most shocking decisions I have seen.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Despite what I might think - I actually feel positive about Rangers getting that great result for Scottish football this evening. And maybe it demonstrates that Scottish clubs outside of Rangers and Celtic - such as St Johnstone - might not be quite as rubbish as some followers of the OF might think ?

Anyway - here’s hoping that Celtic also put on a good show - but that they are knackered for the cup QF against StJ this weekend ?

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not a great night for Scottish football after Celtic suffered a hefty defeat at home. Looks like it's all about The Rangers now

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Conspiracy - Had Celtic gone through, two Scottish sides would have been guaranteed places in the Champions League qualifiers the season after next. Celtic blow European match last night means Rangers have to win the league next season to get CL place when a Celtic win last night would have meant second for Rangers next season would have been good enough :)

Actually though - prob a good thing that Rangers have to win the league next season and 2nd not good enough - as if 2nd to Celtic has ever been good enough for Rangers :)

Unfortunately Celtic players will be out to make amends to their support on Sunday - does not bode well for Saints in the Cup QF...ah well.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Conspiracy - Had Celtic gone through, two Scottish sides would have been guaranteed places in the Champions League qualifiers the season after next. Celtic blow European match last night means Rangers have to win the league next season to get CL place when a Celtic win last night would have meant second for Rangers next season would have been good enough :)

Actually though - prob a good thing that Rangers have to win the league next season and 2nd not good enough - as if 2nd to Celtic has ever been good enough for Rangers :)

Unfortunately Celtic players will be out to make amends to their support on Sunday - does not bode well for Saints in the Cup QF...ah well.

I am sure that winning against St Mirren who sit 10th in the Scottish PL will be a real bost to them and make up for last night's efforts ?

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Gutted about last nights result, stupid mistakes cost us, basically same story as the cl qualifiers earlier in the season, al least the league has one representative