Ryder Cup 2023 - Italy

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
The cheering of bad shots is bad form. It is just not done.
Tolerable if it is one that decides a match and the cheering can be taken as cheering the victorious player. But just in the play of a hole, when the hole itself is not decided, let alone the match, is bad bad form from the patrons.

Swango1980

Visit site
Tolerable if it is one that decides a match and the cheering can be taken as cheering the victorious player. But just in the play of a hole, when the hole itself is not decided, let alone the match, is bad bad form from the patrons.
Does it not happen every Ryder Cup? And it isn't the same booing/jeering at football matches, where fans show genuine hate. It is all done in pretty good spirits. And the Americans are big boys. I'm sure they expect it and can take it. And if they had been playing better, probably quite enjoy a bit of banter between them and the home support.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Does it not happen every Ryder Cup? And it isn't the same booing/jeering at football matches, where fans show genuine hate. It is all done in pretty good spirits. And the Americans are big boys. I'm sure they expect it and can take it. And if they had been playing better, probably quite enjoy a bit of banter between them and the home support.
It may well happen in every, recent times at least, Ryder Cup. But that doesnt make it right. Golf normally attracts a better sort. It is most ungentlemanly.

sjw

Visit site
It's one party vs another, red vs blue, and the Europeans are at home. I was just thinking its brilliant when a USA ball sails into the water and the majority cheer!

Swango1980

Visit site
It may well happen in every, recent times at least, Ryder Cup. But that doesnt make it right. Golf normally attracts a better sort. It is most ungentlemanly.
Every time the US players hit a great shot, or win a hole, they get warmly applauded by the fans. It is clear their is no malice when they cheer the bad shots.

It is called an atmosphere, the sort of atmosphere you get with the only genuine team sport in professional golf that is able to get fans passionate about the team.

I love it.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
I dont understand the splitting on Hatton and Rahm. Mcintyre Rose never looked like a decent pairing either. 3-1 USA this afternoon

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I dont understand the splitting on Hatton and Rahm. Mcintyre Rose never looked like a decent pairing either. 3-1 USA this afternoon

I think Rahm to support the rookie? Barely shown MacIntyre hit a shot so assume he's having a mare.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I just think they like showing left handers, looks amateurish. :)

On one tee they have shots from a drone (I think) and I thought the player was about to hit into the back tee board! It was him...

Have to say I was worried about MacIntyre coming in and whether he could take the pressure. So far it would appear not.