Rugby Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I fear next week will be a prison style man-shaming for England.

What a game that was - two top top teams going at it hammer and tong.

Say what you like about the draw but it's thrown up some unbelievable matches so far. Just a shame the two games next week probably won't be as competitive as they should be.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
South Africa immense tonight, but what a game again.
We will be lucky to see games like that again for the rest of the tournament.
Might get close when New Zealand play South Africa in the final 😂 😂 😂
The reality is, any other final would just be wrong 😄. Mind, can you imagine the rugby balloon deflating if it was Argentina v England in the final 😳. The final no one wants, except Argentina and England.............

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The reality is, any other final would just be wrong 😄. Mind, can you imagine the rugby balloon deflating if it was Argentina v England in the final 😳. The final no one wants, except Argentina and England.............
But Argentina getting to the final would be so good for the smaller rugby nations.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I called France, got that wrong, although if we can lay a glove on either I'd give us more chance against SA. It's unlikely we'll be even close, but think we'd struggle more against the speed and flair of France than against the more physical nature of SA.

Always the optimist :)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
But Argentina getting to the final would be so good for the smaller rugby nations.
I agree, but part of me thinks that the best 2 teams should be in the final and those are not Argentina or England. I also don't want S.Africa to win and I can't see Argentina stopping them so I need New Zealand to get through 😄

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
The difference this time is that this SA team know how to beat this England team. We are likely to get killed in the scrum, so expect lots of high ball, scrum, penalty, repeat, etc. etc.

Love it if I was wrong :)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The difference this time is that this SA team know how to beat this England team. We are likely to get killed in the scrum, so expect lots of high ball, scrum, penalty, repeat, etc. etc.

Love it if I was wrong :)

What you mean that they did not now how to beat us last time when they beat us up in the scrum etc in the 2019 World Cup Final :):)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What you mean that they did not now how to beat us last time when they beat us up in the scrum etc in the 2019 World Cup Final :):)
How do England avoid the scrum then? Is there a tactic they can use to do this? They've had forward notice so hopefully it is something they are working on.

The little box kicks from the French certainly negated the S.African attacking defence so I'm expecting to see that repeated.

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
I caveat what I'm about to say with 'unless they have some sort of physical/mental hangover from the France game', but I think SA could beat us any which way they want to be perfectly honest:
- They will almost certainly do us in the scrum, might take until their replacements come on but they will.
- Their breakdown skills last night were insane, particularly considering the speed France were playing at, they will have no problem with our pace of play.
- They aren't the one-trick, forwards-only ponies of 10 years ago, rapid pace on the wings, creativity in De Allende, Kriel and FDK. They could go wide and we'll struggle to cope
- Their blitz and scramble defense is super impressive, haven't seen any weaknesses in the air, we're going to have to work hard to get over the gain line. Every. Single. Set.

.................we might cause them an issue or two in the lineout?