Rugby Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great afternoon of rugby. Excellent from Italy, the tournament is so much better for having 6 decent teams. No ball up the jumper either, proper stuff.

Then England 😍. They were supposed to get whupped, this was an Irish coronation........Good attacking play, far better finishing, less ill discipline. We did to the Irish what they've done so many times before to us, spoiled the party. Cracking stuff.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great afternoon of rugby. Excellent from Italy, the tournament is so much better for having 6 decent teams. No ball up the jumper either, proper stuff.

Then England 😍. They were supposed to get whupped, this was an Irish coronation........Good attacking play, far better finishing, less ill discipline. We did to the Irish what they've done so many times before to us, spoiled the party. Cracking stuff.
This 100%. Whilst I love a 6 nations win my whole love of the tournament is based on strong teams and a grand slam being an achievement. Wooden spoon will be likely decided in the first match but a Scotland win in Ireland leaving everything on the table for the last match would be perfect

Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Going to be an interesting experience for me cheering on Scotland on Saturday. Hoping for Russell to have one of his mercurial matches where he is just unplayable. Would be nice to have the title still on the table when the England match kicks off.

Hoping that Italy can pick up another win as well, they deserve it.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
IMO ;) (y):cool:

Refereeing this year has been very good.
Seems like fewer penalties awarded and apart from the last French game second half, less wasted time re-setting scrums.
Games seem to be flowing leading to more exciting chances.
Quality of play seems a bit poorer, more mistakes made from quicker play.

As they say in Golf it is the errors that make it a great game.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
IMO ;) (y):cool:

Refereeing this year has been very good.
Seems like fewer penalties awarded and apart from the last French game second half, less wasted time re-setting scrums.
Games seem to be flowing leading to more exciting chances.
Quality of play seems a bit poorer, more mistakes made from quicker play.

As they say in Golf it is the errors that make it a great game.
Just need to sort out the feeding of the scrum and they will be upgraded to excellent. The way the ball is put in now, surely they need to change the title of the hooker as they are not hooking anymore and the only person in the scrum who touches the ball is the number 8

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just need to sort out the feeding of the scrum and they will be upgraded to excellent. The way the ball is put in now, surely they need to change the title of the hooker as they are not hooking anymore and the only person in the scrum who touches the ball is the number 8
I think they should set up the scrum with the ball on the mark on the ground
They then go through the normal set up and then hook and shove on the ref's whistle.

[This is based on my expert knowledge of having played for about 10 mins in the scrum at under 14 level.]